Kodak Adds $149.99 ESP Office 2170 Color Ink-Jet All-in-One
Eastman Kodak has extended its color ink-jet All-in-One lineup with the ESP Office 2170, which is positioned in the mid-range of Kodak’s color ink-jet All-in-One family, and incorporates print, copy, scan, and fax. The new addition, which lists at $149.99 and ships in June, also includes photo printing with Kodak’s Pic Flick app from Apple iPhones (iOS 3.0 or later), iPads and iPod touch (second generation or later), as well as from Wi-Fi-enabled BlackBerry smartphones (OS 4.5 or later).
The ESP Office 2170 uses pigment-based inks. Using the highest-yield ink cartridges, 30XL black and 30XL, the latter of which contains all three ink colors (cyan, yellow and magenta), black and color cost per page is 2.98 and 9.15 cents respectively, which is average for ink-jet color all-in-ones in this class (30XL black cartridge lists at $19.98 and yields 670 pages, while 30XL color cartridge lists at $33.98 and yields 550 pages).
Specifications for the new All-in-One are as follows:
- 802.11b/g/n wireless network connectivity, as well as memory-card slots, and USB port for direct connection. Supports Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh.
- Print speed is rated at 6 (black)/4 (color) ppm; print 4”x6” color photos at up to 38 seconds per photo. Copy speed is rated at 5 (black)/ 3 (color) ppm. High-resolution color photo printing is at 4,800 dpi optimized resolution; monochrome text resolution is at 1,200 dpi.
- Print pictures from video from .mov, .avi and .mp4 file types in both standard and high-definition resolution.
- Photo printing from Web sites such as Facebook, Kodak Gallery, Picasa, FLICKR, and Photobucket; image-editing software to reduce red-eye effects, restore colors, and correct skin tones; Kodak All-in-One Home Center software.
- Kodak Perfect Page Technology, which corrects scans by reducing images’ dark shadows and provides more vibrant colors and finer detail.
- Software for printing photos with a 3D effect.
- Scan to PC, e-mail, network folders, memory cards, and USB flash memory drives. Scan multiple pictures simultaneously at up to 1,200 dpi; software automatically creates separate files for each photo.
- Control panel with 1.5” color display, which can be used for previewing photos. Print-on-demand document templates include graph paper, line paper, and wide-ruled paper.
- Print on media in size from borderless 4”x6” prints up to 8.5”x14”; 25-sheet automatic document feeder, and 150-sheet rear paper feeder.