Muratec Adds A4 Desktop Color MFP, Lists for $2,295
Muratec America has launched the MFX-C2700, a desktop A4 color MFP that lists at $2,295 and is for dealer distribution. The company already has in place an extensive lineup of monochrome A4 MFPs, but this appears to be its first color A4 MFP.
Jim D’Emidio, president of Muratec America, notes that the A4 segment is one of the fastest-growing segments, and that this new A4 color MFP will help dealers better meet customers’ needs, noting, “While dealers will continue to focus on higher-segment color MFP’s, the MFX-C2700 can fit a profitable niche within their current product line and add an additional revenue source in the current economic climate.”
Muratec rates the MFX-C2700 at 31 (monochrome)/27 (color) ppm. It uses toner-based LED-array imaging. Other specifications are as follows:
- 533 MHz CPU; 10/100 Base-T Ethernet network interface and USB 2.0 port for direct connection.
- Rated First Page Out Times of 7.5 seconds (monochrome) and 8 seconds (color).
- 1,200 x 600 dpi resolution.
- 50-sheet reversing automatic document feeder, letter-size platen glass.
Automatic duplexing printing, 250-sheet paper drawer (supports up to 65 lb. bond), 100-sheet bypass tray (supports up to 80 lb. bond). Muratec says the MFX-C2700 also supports printing on letterhead, transparencies, waterproof paper, recycled paper (up to 30-percent post-consumer recycled content), labels, and envelopes, and can print on banner sheets up to 8.5” x 35.4”. An optional 530-sheet paper drawer ($345.00) expands maximum paper capacity to 880 sheets.
- PCL 5c and PostScript 3 print drivers; supports Microsoft Windows, Linux and Apple Macintosh environments.
- Color network scan to PC, e-mail (supports LDAP), FTP folders, and USB flash memory drives.
- Super Group 3 fax with 4 MB memory; automatic inbound routing of received faxes to e-mail addresses; PC fax.
- 3.5” back-lit LCD screen that can be tilted; when a Job Macros panel is opened, a QWERTY-style keypad for entering e-mail addresses, file names, etc. becomes available.
Each black, cyan, magenta and yellow toner cartridges is rated to yield 5,000 pages, while a monocomponent drum cartridge is rated to yield 20,000 pages. Pricing for consumables however is not available.