Xerox Adds Color Laser Printers, Color All-in-One, for SMB, Start at $299
Xerox has expanded its color laser offerings for small and mid-size businesses, with two new color laser printers and an A4 color All-in-One, with prices starting at $299.
Phaser 6010/N Color Printer
- Lists at $299.
- The printer uses three color all-in-one toner cartridges, each rated to yield 1,000 pages and priced at $59.99; the black toner cartridge yields 2,000 pages and lists at $69.99, for a black/CYMK color cost per page of 3.49 and 21.46 cents respectively.
- Rated at 15 (black)/12 (color) ppm at 600 dpi.
- 384 MHz CPU, 128 MB memory, 10/100BaseTX Ethernet network interface, USB 2.0 port, host-based PDL driver, Pantone color matching.
- Supports Microsoft Windows, Apple Macintosh, and Linux.
- Maximum monthly volume of up to 30,000 pages.
- Manual duplex printing only; 250-sheet standard paper capacity; supports 3”x5”-8.5”x14” media sizes.
Phaser 6500 Color Printer
- Lists at $399.
- Manual duplex printing; a DN configuration adds automatic duplex printing and lists at $499.
- Rated at 24 ppm in black/color at 600 dpi.
400 MHz CPU, 256 MB memory (expandable to 768 MB), 10/100/1000 BaseT Ethernet network interface, USB 2.0 port, and Adobe PostScript 3 and PCL 6 print drivers. Also supports Xerox’s Global and Mobile Express print drivers, and Pantone color matching.
- PrintingScout utility for automatic e-mail alerts, and Xerox CentreWare Internet Services and CentreWare Web for network management.
- Supports Windows, Macintosh, and Linux.
- Optional secure print, proof print, RAM collation, saved print via optional Productivity Kit (includes 512 MB of memory; $149).
- Security includes support for 802.1x, audit log, IP filtering, IPSec, IPv6, SNMPv3, and Secure HTTPS (SSL).
- Maximum monthly volume of up to 40,000 pages.
Options include wireless network adapter ($219), duplex unit ($100), and 250-sheet paper drawer (expands paper capacity to 500 sheets; $199).
High-capacity all-in-one toner cartridges are available. Each CYM high-yield cartridge yields 2,500 pages and is priced at $109.99, while a black high-yield toner cartridge yields 3,000 pages and is priced at $105.99, for a black/CYMK color cost per page of 3.53/16.7 cents respectively.
WorkCentre 6505 Color MFP
- Lists at $649.
- Based on the Phaser 6500 and is rated at 24 ppm in color and black.
- A DN configuration adds automatic duplex printing and is priced at $749.
- 533 MHz CPU, 256 MB memory (expandable to 768 MB), 10/100/1000 BaseT Ethernet network interface, and USB 2.0 port.
- Same print drivers, utilities, management, and Pantone color-matching as the Phaser 6500.
- Adds copy, scan, and walkup fax (with LAN fax).
- Scan to e-mail, network, and direct scanning to applications such as OCR; scan to USB memory drives (also print from USB memory drives).
- Control panel with navigation wheel and LCD (no touch screen).
- Cost per page is the same as the Phaser 6500 (3.53 [black]/16.7 [color] cents), and the system can be equipped with the same options.
All of the systems uses Xerox’s Emulsion Aggregate Toner, and are Energy Star-qualified. They’re available now via Xerox resellers, dealers and concessionaires, and via Xerox direct (www.xerox.com/direct).