Ricoh Makes A4 Push With New 32- And 42-PPM A4 Color MFPs With Document Finishing
Ricoh has launched its fastest office-color A4 MFPs to date, the laser-based 32-ppm Aficio MP C300 and 42-ppm Aficio MP C400, both of which feature optional document finishing and HotSpot mobile-printing technology (print from e-mail capable devices, such as smartphones). Of note is that both hard-drive overwrite and hard-drive encryption—features which are usually only offered as options—are provided standard.
Also standard are network color print, copy and scan; Super Group 3 walkup and LAN and Internet fax are optional. The fax option includes the ability to route incoming faxes to specified e-mail addresses. Other specifications for both systems are as follows:
- Can be managed with Ricoh’s Managed Document Services (MDS) off- and on-site solutions.
- Optional internal document finisher holds up to 250 sheets and can staple up to 50 sheets.
- 1 GHz Intel Celeron CPU, 1.5 GB of memory; 1,200 dpi resolution; PCL 5c, PCL 6, PostScript 3 emulation, and XPS print drivers, as well as direct printing of Adobe PDF files.
- Standard Document Server stores up to 3,000 documents via standard 160-GB hard drive (up to 2,000 pages per document; store up to 15,000 pages in total).
USB 2.0 and 10/100Base-TX Ethernet interfaces; optional 1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11a/g wireless network interfaces. Also supported is printing from PictBridge-compatible digital cameras.
- Monitor and manage the system on the network with SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin and Client; Web SmartDeviceMonitor for clients.
- Tilt-able 8.5” color touch panel.
50-sheet duplexing reversing automatic document feeder; automatic duplex printing; standard 650-sheet paper capacity may be expanded to 2,300 sheets; print on up to 120 lb. index stock via paper drawers. A 100-sheet bypass tray can be used to print on up to 140 lb. index stock, as well as print on banner sheets up to 49.6” long.
User Account Limits, which allows administrators to track printing and costs, as well as set output and color-output limits on departments and individual users.
Full-color network scanning includes scan to e-mail (with LDAP support), folder (SMB/FTP/NCP), and URL. There’s also network TWAIN pull scanning, scanning to media cards and drives, and WSD scanning for Microsoft Vista. Optional Ricoh GlobalScan NX software for automated document scanning and routing.
- All-in-one black, cyan, yellow, and magenta toner cartridges; black is said to yield 8,300 pages, while each color cartridge is rated to yield 10,000 pages.
As noted, two security provisions are standard: DataOverwriteSecurity System (DOSS) for overwriting the 160-GB after each job, as well as standard Hard Disk Drive Encryption, which encrypts documents stored in hard-drive memory. Other security provisions include network authentication, encryption of Adobe PDFs when they’re being scanned and sent via e-mail or to folders, as well as Scan-to-Webmail for stronger log-in and IPP passwords. There’s also secure printing.
- Supports Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac, Citrix MetaFrame, Novell NetWare, UNIX, RedHat Linux, IBM AIX, SAP R/3, etc.
Energy Star compliance, meeting the EPA’s current Ver. 1.2 specification, and compliant with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive.
The firm is marketing two configurations, the Aficio MP C300SR and MFP C400SR, which feature the 250-sheet internal document finisher as standard. Distribution is via authorized Ricoh dealers, Ricoh direct sales locations, and IKON sales and service locations. For more on the new MFPs, see here.