Canon U.S.A. Launches Nuance eCopy Compatibility for its Latest imageRUNNER ADVANCE Copier/MFPs
Canon U.S.A. reports that it’s expanding its partnership with Nuance Communications, announcing that Nuance’s eCopy ShareScan is now compatible with Canon’s latest imageRUNNER ADVANCE copier/MFPs. Canon says it will provide enhanced support for the Nuance Document Imaging eCopy solution, including ShareScan and PDF Pro Office. Both solutions are designed to enable enterprises to streamline document workflow processes from hardcopy to digital.
eCopy ShareScan is a document-scanning and OCR solution that provides for processing forms and documents, including:
- Forms processing and barcode-based document-routing, document encryption, and job batching.
- Zonal OCR, for precise, pre-defined fields, and to extract data.
- Automatically convert hardcopy originals into accurate, formatted, editable digital files.
- Scan, convert, and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF files, including columns, graphics, and tables.
- Streamlined archival with flexible enterprise content management (ECM) options: the eCopy ShareScan Suite provides integration with content management, network folders, SQL databases, and more. Customers can connect with leading ECMs such as SharePoint, RightFax, EMC Documentum, iManage WorkSite, OpenText DM, and OpenText eDOCS.
- Access global and personal address books and browse folders at the MFP’s touchscreen. The “Express” mode automates routine email distributions, and sent emails appear in the user’s personal “Sent Items” folder.
- Microsfot Active Directory Integration: ShareScan Suite integrates directly with Active Directory and system user security credentials so that IT can require users to enter AD credentials to access the system and connected applications. It also can encrypt documents for greater security over public networks.
Canon will also offer full support for eCopy PDF Pro Office, which provides PDF features, plus advanced optical character recognition (OCR) capabilities. eCopy PDF Pro Office, is designed to create, view, convert, edit, and collaborate with industry standard PDF files. In addition to speech-recognition capabilities, eCopy PDF Pro Office connects to cloud-based document-management systems, such as Box, for further automating document workflow processes.
“The renewed and expanded partnership validates the demand we see in the market for document-capture and conversion solutions from organizations of all sizes,” stated Chris Strammiello, vice president of global alliances and strategic marketing for Nuance Document Imaging. “These organizations turn to eCopy ShareScan and PDF Pro Office to drive worker productivity and organizational efficiency, while enhancing document security. Nuance is proud of its long and valued partnership with Canon, who continues to bring innovation and value to the market, and looks forward to its continued growth and success.”
Fore more information on eCopy ShareScan and eCopy PDF Pro Office, visit Nuance here.
- August 2017: Canon U.S.A. Adds New Box and mxHero Solutions for Content Management
- August 2017: New uniFLOW 2018 LTS Features Support for USB-Connected Canon Document Scanners, Stronger Reporting, More
- March 2017: Canon Stresses ‘Commitment to Dealers at One Canon Event
- March 2017: Canon Announces New A4 MFPs and Printers, New Solution for Securing and Managing eMail
- January 2017: Canon Launches Third-Generation, Mid-Volume A3 imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4500 Copier/MFPs
- November 2016: Canon uniFLOW Secure Print Solution Now Available for Multi-Vendor Environments