Sharp Dealer Wins California State Copier/MFP Contract
Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America reported today that a reseller of its office-imaging products, Smile Business Products, has won the State of California’s recent copier contract award for mid-range copier/MFPs.
Under the contract, Smile Business Products will work with California state agencies over a three-year period to replace/upgrade office-imaging equipment with Sharp color and monochrome MFPs. State agencies will also have access to Sharp’s toner-cartridge recycling program, under which users can order free recycling kits for the recycling of all used Sharp cartridges, bottles, toner collection containers, and imaging-drum units.
Joe Reeves, president and CEO of Smile Business Products, commented: “Smile is extremely pleased to continue our 20-year relationship with the State of California. The recent State Contract award is a testament to Smile, Sharp and Sharp’s dealer community, comprised of certified Small Business and DVBE (Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise). Our partnership with Sharp and our subcontractors is invaluable, and we look forward to continuing to support the State.”
Doug Albregts, president, CEO, and chairman of Sharp Electronics Corporation, commented: “Through this award California agencies and local government entities utilizing the contract will have access to Sharp’s award-winning products with our one of a kind user interface available only on Sharp MFPs. Sharp has been a provider of MFPs for the State of California for years and I am pleased that Smile Business Products will continue to provide Sharp business products to state agencies, helping the State of California improve operations, meet small business goals and maintain the state’s environmental initiatives.”
Smile Business Products is based in Sacramento, California, and has branches offices throughout Northern California and Nevada. Smile provides office-technology solutions including printers, MFPs, managed network services, document management, managed print services, telephony, and software applications. For the past 20 years, Smile has been an authorized dealer for Sharp Electronics.
- September 2017: Sharp Acquires Bay Area Dealer Arista Business Imaging Solutions
- March 2017: Sharp Expands Direct-Sales Operation in California with AVC Acquisition
- February 2016: Sharp Adds Raines Office Solutions as Authorized Dealer
- February 2016: Sharp Expanding Direct Sales in Texas with Acquisition of Meridian Office Systems
- January 2016: Latest A3 Copier/MFPs from Sharp Boast Cloud Connectivity, Next-Generation Touch Screen, More
- September 2015: Sharp Business Systems Acquires Sandhill Office Systems’ Customer Base for Service and Support
- December 2015: Sharp Rolls Out New Color Copier/MFPs, MWA Intelligence Partnership, New Software at National Dealer Meeting
- December 2015: Sharp Adds Document-Workflow Specialist Fabsoft to its Sharp Partner Program
- December 2015: Sharp Expands Partnership with Clover, Enables Dealers to Combine Sharp and Clover Supplies on Same Invoice