HP Sells 24 PageWide Presses in Landmark Deal
HP Inc. reported yesterday that its graphic-printing business inked its biggest printer deal to date, selling 24 HP HP PageWide T240 HD color and monochrome digital presses, including service and supplies, to Lightning Source. The multi-million deal over seven years is the largest ever for HP’s Graphics Business.
Lightning Source is a print-on-demand printing company and a part of Ingram Content Group. Under the deal, HP will deploy the 24 new HP PageWide T240 HD digital presses to five Lightning Source sites across three continents.
HP says that the new order “underscores the print industry’s transformation from analog to digital print technologies, as HP and Ingram continue to empower publishers to connect with their customers in new and innovative ways.”
Enrique Lores, president of HP Inc.’s Imaging & Printing Business, commented: “This incredible deal shows that the momentum behind the renaissance in digital printing is not only continuing—it’s accelerating. Last month we announced a five-year deal with Shutterfly, the leading manufacturer and digital retailer of high-quality personalized products and services, and today we’re announcing a seven-year deal with a leader in the content distribution space. Our collaboration will enable Lightning Source to deliver higher-quality digital printing for their customers at the next level of scale, productivity, and efficiency.”
“Our mission is all about helping content reach its destination, while providing our customers with the highest print quality, speed and proficient printer models,” said Shawn Morin, Chief Executive Officer and President of Ingram Content Group. “By adding HP’s PageWide Web Presses to our global facilities, we’ll be able to serve our customers with even more options.”
With their new fleet of HP PageWide Web Presses, Lightning Source says it’ll be able to produce high-quality inkjet color and monochrome printing on coated stock, deliver faster printing at speeds of up to 500 feet a minute, and provide “unprecedented digital productivity and volume growth to their publishing clients all over the world.”
HP says it’s leading the analog-to-digital revolution with HP PageWide customers currently printing 5.5 billion pages in aggregate every month. Year-over-year customer page growth in 2017 was over 15 percent. HP PageWide customers have printed a total of 250 billion pages worldwide since inception.
More information on HP’s HP PageWide presses is available here.
- August 2017: HP to Install Additional HP Indigo Digital Presses for Shutterfly
- September 2016: HP Inc. Rolls Out Four New PageWide Web Presses at Graph Expo
- June 2016: Shutterfly Leasing 25 HP Indigo 12000 Digital Presses
- June 2016: IDC: Large-Format Printer Shipments Up Slightly in 1st-Quarter 2016; HP PageWide, KIP Printers Said to Drive Growth
- May 2016: HP Introduces PageWide C500 Press Industrial Printer at drupa
- March 2016: HP Inc. Adds Host of New PageWide, Indigo Presses to Expand its Commercial-Printer Family
- December 2015: New HP PageWide Web Press T1100S Said to ‘Reinvent’ Package Printing with Box Customization
- September 2015: New HP Inkjet Production Printers Using HP PageWide Inkjet Print-Head Technology
- April 2015: HP Previews New PageWide XL Wide-Format Color Inkjet Production Printers