New HP University Provides Sales Training, Certifications, More for Reseller Partners
Billed as a “one-stop shop for sales-skills training, product education, solutions selling, and certifications,” HP Inc. today opened the doors of “HP University,“a one-stop solution for the company’s 18,000 worldwide Partner First partners. The new program provides interactive online training available in 170 countries and in 11 languages, and includes face-to-face training provided in local languages.
HP says that the shift from transactional sales to contractual, subscription-based sales is on the rise, particularly in the technology sector. It says that by adopting a subscription-based model, companies can tailor their digital computing environments for customers as well as their workforce.
More than 30 HP worldwide partners beta-tested HP University before its deployment. The firm says that accessing and using the program is “clear and simplified, allowing partners to focus on learning versus navigating a complex portal.”
Offerings include instructor-led, face-to-face training, in addition to sales-skills development, highlighting HP core competencies, including security, Device-as-a-Service (DaaS), mobility, and managed print services (MPS).
Courses such as Strategic Solution Selling will acquaint students with various business problems, and provide strategies to uncover key customer challenges, create proposals, and deliver messages to customers. The coursework is geared to evolve towards a solution-oriented sale, build deeper relationships, minimize wasted selling effort. and maximize recurring revenue streams.
Builds on HP’s Partner First Program
“As a partner-led company,” HP says it will continue to offer HP Partner First, a reseller-partner program designed to support the channel through a consistent, simple, and reliable program. HP University is said to enhance partner’s value by providing sales and technical training and certification. By encompassing a holistic approach, HP says that HP University is meant to go beyond product training to deliver an immersive experience, centered on real-time learning.
For more information on the courses available via HP University, visit HP Sales Central.
- HP Press Release: HP Hosts Largest Ever Partner Event – Reinvention Continues with Accelerated Product Innovation, Security Solutions and New HP University
- September 2017: New HP Roam Mobile, Cloud Printing; Connection Inspector Security; A3 PageWide MFPs
- June 2017: HP Expanding Dealer Security-Adviser Program; Expects 600 Dealers Worldwide
- May 2017: HP Rolls Out 3D-Printer Global Reseller Program, Announces New Service Bureau Installations, More
- September 2016: HP Simplifies Partner First Program for Reseller Channel, Expands Marketing Resources
- October 2015: HP Rolls Out New Partner Programs For Hewlett Packard Enterprise and HP Inc.
- March 2015: HP Revamps Channel-Partner Programs to Help Partners with Its Separation into Two Companies