New Canon New PIXMA TR8520 and TR7520 Inkjet All-in-Ones with Business-Class Features
Canon U.S.A. today introduced two new PIXMA color inkjet All-in-Ones with business-class features such as automatic duplex printing, automatic document feeder, and for the flagship TR8520, wireless plus wired Ethernet network connectivity. The new PIXMA TR-series Wireless1 Home Office All-in-Ones are similar to Canon’s PIXMA MX922 Office All-in-One, and consist of the PIXMA TR8520 ($199.99 MSRP) and TR7520 ($179.99 MSRP), both of which are positioned for home offices, and feature color inkjet print, copy, scan, and fax.
At approximately 35-percent smaller size than the previous PIXMA MX922 All-in-One, the two new models are designed “to be the perfect fit for home-office spaces.”
Canon says the more compact size was made possible with a new print engine, smaller printer circuit boards and power supply, improvement to the paper-transport system, and optimization of the internal design layout as compared to the PIXMA MX922.
While more compact, the All-in-Ones’ new LCD touch screens are large for better ease-of-use. The PIXMA TR8520 printer features a 4.3″ wide LCD screen, as well as printing from SD memory cards, while the PIXMA TR7520 features a 3.0″ LCD touch screen.
“The PIXMA TR printer series was created for those customers who loved the MX922 and want a newly designed top-of-the-line wireless printer crafted with their business needs in mind,” commented Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO of Canon U.S.A., Inc. “Expanding our PIXMA printer line to include the new TR series offers customers quality All-in-One solutions to help print many of the documents and photos a home office might need, from contracts and presentations to homework, photos, and more.”
Compared to the PIXMA MX922 Office All-in-One printer, the new PIXMA TR All-in-Ones feature improved:
- Quality of Print: A new five-way color-ink system is said to improve color development, making photos and documents, especially those printed on plain paper, appear brighter and more accurate. The All-in-Ones use a pigment-based black ink cartridge, and four dye-based black, cyan, yellow, and magenta ink cartridges.
- Work efficiency: A two-way paper feeding system makes it possible to feed paper from the front and back of the printer simultaneously. Using plain paper, users can select which type of paper feeding-option they prefer based on printer location and use.
- A new user interface is said to make it easier for users to navigate the printer’s four primary functions (print, copy, scan, fax) on the LCD screen, and allows users a simple one-touch step to access frequently used settings.
- 20-sheet automatic document feeder.
- Bluetooth connectivity, which enables users of compatible mobile devices to print and scan wirelessly from the new All-in-Ones with the Canon Print App.
- Apple AirPrint, Mopria, and Google Cloud Print mobile-printing support.
The TR8250’s specifications include:
- Print a borderless 4 x 6 photo in approximately 37 seconds.
- Print speed rated at 15.0 (black)/10.0 (color) ppm.
- Hi-Speed USB port.
- Ethernet network interface.
- PictBridge (LAN/Wireless LAN) interface.
- Wi-Fi Wireless802.11b/g/n connectivity.
- Memory-card slot.
- 100-sheet front paper tray, and 100-sheet rear paper tray.
The TR7520 appears to be the same as the TR8250, but does not have an Ethernet network interface or memory-card slot.
Canon today also introduced five new color inkjet All-in-Ones that are based on these print engines – for more, see New Canon PIXMA TS All-In-Ones for Home Use Feature Six-Ink System, ‘Message in Print App,’ More.
- December 2016: New Canon PIXMA TS Wireless Inkjet All-in-Ones with New Control Panel, Mobile Printing, NFC, More
- December 2016: Canon Expands Inkjets with Refillable Ink Tanks with New PIXMA G4400
- December 2016: AirPrint Mobile Printing Now Available for New Canon PIXMA Inkjet Printers
- September 2016: New Canon imageCLASS Desktop MFPs with Wi-Fi Direct Connection for Connecting to Mobile Devices without a Router
- July 2016: Canon Introduces Second-Generation MAXIFY Business-Inkjet Family
- April 2016: Canon Rolls Out Slew of New imageCLASS Laser Printers, MFPs with AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, NFC, Mopria Mobile Printing