Canon U.S.A. Adds New Box and mxHero Solutions for Content Management
Canon U.S.A. today announced additional benefits to channel partners and their end-users with its recent integrations with Box, Inc., a cloud-based content-management platform, and mxHero, Inc., a cloud-based service for intelligent e-mail management, expanding the solutions that Canon solutions for document capture and information-management, workflow, and collaboration, and available through Canon authorized dealers.
With the Canon, Box, and mxHero solutions and integrations, users can benefit from storage and email-server administrative cost savings using Box’s unlimited cloud storage for Business Plus and Enterprise Editions sold through Canon, and mxHero’s automatic substitution of email attachments with Box links. Users of Box and mxHero are also to benefit from automated business rules, content security, and governance features, and the opportunity to improve management of unstructured data and decrease network clogging.
As Cloud Content Management (CCM) solutions become more popular and standardized in business, Canon and mxHero are said to provide features that can help users efficiently store and send content, including emails and their attachments, in the cloud, designed to help reduce the number of email outages and network clogging, while also reducing on-premise storage costs. MxHero integrates with existing customer e-mail servers for transferring of files and automate additional mail rules to enhance the process of sending bulky emails by using links with security and governance features. Since the files themselves are no longer sent and are replaced by links to Box, information is capable of being tracked, and email bandwidth is significantly reduced.
Canon Current Offerings and Customer Benefits:
- Box: A cloud-based content-management and collaboration platform. Users can utilize Box to integrate with multiple platforms they currently use, leveraging content in a centralized location for easy editing, accessing, and collaborating.
- MxHero Mail2Cloud Platform: This platform leverages Box (or other cloud-based services that are sold separately) to send and store emails of virtually any size by automatically converting email attachments to Box links. The platform is said to allow customers to gain control over access to their data, including “read only” and “link expiration” features, based on pre-set business rules. In addition, the end-user functionality does not change, meaning a user can attach a document, just as they normally would, and let mxHero do the work behind the scenes.
- MxHero for Outlook: This drag-and-drop option for Microsoft Outlook allows individuals to save emails (both as PDF documents and as their native files) and their attachments directly into Box – reducing the amount of steps and time usually taken to save a file in its intended destination, and saving storage costs.
- Canon ADVANCE Cloud Portal (ACP) and uniFLOW Capture Solutions: Using compatible Canon systems such as select Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs with ACP or uniFLOW software, users can access and scan directly to their box folders. Email transmissions are also captured from Canon devices by mxHero, enabling users to send even large files without worrying that such transmissions will be split to multiple messages or stopped based upon normal email file size limits.
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop: Marrying Box’s cloud-based unlimited storage with its Business Plus and Enterprise options, and collaboration features with Canon’s document-handling and PDF-publishing tool, customers can use the bi-directional communication to access, annotate, and stitch together multiple documents to help them create collateral.
- Quick Scan: Using this free TWAIN application that’s exclusive to Canon, users can now scan documents directly to their Box folders with their compatible imageFORMULA desktop scanners from directly within the Box user interface. This application, available for download from the Box Apps Marketplace, allows users to diversify their scan-to-box options, and convert captured documents to searchable PDFs with full text Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
For more information on Canon business solutions, visit Canon U.S.A. here.
- August 2017: New uniFLOW 2018 LTS Features Support for USB-Connected Canon Document Scanners, Stronger Reporting, More
- May 2017: Canon uniFLOW Secure Public Print Now Available for Konica Minolta MFPs
- March 2017: Canon’s New ‘Different Class’ of SMB Printers with Bigger Toner Yields, 3-Year Warranty, Faster Print Speed
- March 2017: Canon Introduces imageFORMULA ScanFront 400 Scanner with Beefed-Up Security Features
- March 2017: Canon Adds Next-Generation imageFORMULA DR-X10C II High-Volume Production Scanner
- March 2017: Canon Announces New A4 MFPs and Printers, New Solution for Securing and Managing eMail
- February 2017: New Square 9 ECM Software Now Available for Canon Document Scanners
- January 2017: Canon Launches Third-Generation, Mid-Volume A3 imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4500 Copier/MFPs