New White Ink for Xerox iGen5 Press
Xerox today introduced new White Dry Ink for the Xerox iGen 5 Press’ fifth print station, for applications such as printing white on colored and transparent substrates to create promotional items such as brochures, business cards, greeting cards and invitations, point-of-purchase signage, direct-mail postcards and letters, and book covers, with applications extending to packaging applications such as folding cartons.
According to InfoTrends, digital print-enhancement volume is predicted to grow at a 27 percent CAGR (compound annual growth rate) from 2015 to 2020, reaching 25 billion pages by 2020 in the United States and Western Europe. With the addition of White Dry Ink to the iGen 5 platform, print providers can apply special spot effects to transform ordinary printed pieces into ones that features a unique physical look and feel.
Xerox’s White Dry Ink features
- The ability to print White Dry Ink only as well as white layers under or over CMYK;
- Outstanding brightness and opacity that’s achievable in a single pass of white;
- Automated multi-pass mode for up to two layers of white. Additional layers of white can be manually printed for custom applications.
“We have been testing White Dry Ink with our iGen 5 and we see great promise for expanding our offerings to our customers,” said Alan Roberts, senior vice president, Data Communications Management Corp. “White Dry Ink has great applications for printing on black and other stocks and as an underlay to create memorable cards, posters, signage and other marketing collateral.”
White Dry Ink will be on display from September 10-14 at the PRINT ’17 trade show in Chicago at Xerox booth #1302. It will be available for installations on October 2, 2017.
- April 2017: ‘Trifecta’ of New Xerox Versant Digital Presses Feature Print Speeds up to 100 PPM, New Automation
- January 2017: Xaar Teaming up with Xerox to Develop Inkjet Print Heads for Industrial Printing
- February 2017: Xerox Touts Benefits of its Color-Inkjet Production-Printer Portfolio
- October 2016: Fuji Xerox Adds Next-Generation Versant 1300, Versant 180 Color Production Printers for Light-Volume Production-Printing
- August 2016: Xerox Direct to Object Inkjet Printer for Printing on 3D Objects Now Available
- June 2016: Xerox Reports Strong Production-Inkjet Printer Sales at drupa Tradeshow
- May 2016: KBA and Xerox Target Folding-Carton Printing Market with a 40-Inch Digital Sheet-Fed Press
- March 2016: Fuji Xerox Launches iGen 5 150 Press with Fifth Color Station
- March 2015: New Xerox 80-PPM Versant 80 Press, & Color 800i/1000i with Gold, Silver, & Specialty Inks