Konica Minolta Beefs Up Copier/MFP Security with bizhub SECURE Platinum
Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A. today introduced its new bizhub SECURE Platinum professional security service for its copier/MFPs. As an upgrade to the Konica Minolta bizhub SECURE portfolio, the Platinum solution expands upon the security services provided by the bizhub SECURE portfolio, and addresses network security and industry-compliance requirements.
Konica Minolta’s bizhub SECURE service – which the firm launched in 2011 – ensures that bizhub MFPs are set up with secure administrator passwords and other hard-drive security measures such as:
- Hard drive encryption
- Hard-drive lock password
- Automatic deletion of temporary image data
- Data overwrite of electronic documents on a timed basis
The new bizhub SECURE Platinum provides all of the hard-drive security settings provided by bizhub SECURE, plus additional settings for network protection and advanced functions such as user authentication and enablement of the internal audit/job log feature, as well as added focus on other industry requirements such as Finance (PCI) and Education (FERPA).
With the introduction of bizhub SECURE Platinum, Konica Minolta says it’s extending the security protection of both the standard bizhub SECURE and bizhub SECURE Healthcare to provide “the most extensive, sophisticated set of security measures for adherence to industry compliance requirements, such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) for the education industry and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) for the finance industry and businesses of all sizes.”
Some of Platinum’s features include:
- IP filtering, to limit network access to the device.
- Enhanced user-authentication options.
- Audit Logs by user and use.
- Create a 20-digit secure alphanumeric password to lock down the bizhub hard disk drive.
- Encrypt the entire contents of the bizhub hard drive.
- Eliminate any trace of data even after it’s been deleted with Temporary Data Overwrite (Temporary Data Overwrite conforms to DoD methods).
- Time the bizhub MFP to automatically delete any material located in personal or public User Boxes, System User Boxes, Documents and Folders.
- Disable non-secured and unwanted services, protocols, and ports at the MFP.
- Enable TLS v1.2 on the MFP (self-signed certificate).
- Enable network user authentication.
Service for upgrading to Platinum will range from $299 for small bizhub MFPs to $499 for large MFPs and color MFPs. Dealers will also be able to afix a bizhub Secure” sticker (shown above) to the MFP.
For more information visit Konica Minolta here.