Canon’s New SELPHY CP1300 Photo Printer is ‘Personal Photo Kiosk’
Canon U.S.A. today introduced its latest photo printer, the SELPHY CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer ($129.99), which weighs just 1.9 lbs., and is equipped with mobile and Wi-Fi wireless connectivity. Building on Canon’s SELPHY CP1200 printer, Canon says the new SELPHY CP1300 is perfect for connected digital camera or smartphone users in search of a portable Wi-Fi enabled printer that can be used virtually anywhere thanks to its optional direct-connect battery (no wires), to print photos.
Users can print a postcard-size 4 “x 6” photo in approximately 47 seconds, anda borderless card-size photo in approximately 39 seconds.
Features of note include:
- Party Shuffle Print: While previous SELPHY models included a Shuffle Layout function, the SELPHY CP1300’s Party Shuffle Print function is designed to allow Wi-Fi-connected users to connect multiple compatible mobile devices to the same SELPHY CP1300 unit in order for multiple users to collaborate creating a print layout made of combined images.
- Larger LCD Screen Size: Images are now displayed on a reader-friendly 3.2″ tilt-type LCD monitor. By increasing the screen size, users can more easily see printing options.
- Improved User Interface: Category settings have been updated and rearranged to illustrate what a specific function is and what it can do. For example, showcasing a multiple photo layout image to prompt the user to touch that option for multi-photo printing.
- Date Filter and Multi-Playback Jump: Image searching is improved with the ability to filter by date and browse by page rather than by one image at a time.
- New Photo Booth Friendly Layout Sizing: Users can now print a 2″ x 6″ photo strip.
- Optional direct battery connection ($89.99).
- Border Settings: Photos can either be printed without borders, or by choosing border colors for single photo or layout settings on the printer itself.
- Connectivity: With the dedicated Wi-Fi button, it’s so easy to get the CP1300 set up on a wireless network. Once that’s done, users can use the Canon PRINT App, AirPrint, Wireless PictBridge, and more.
- Compatible with Microsoft 12, 10, 8.1, 7, 7 SP1, and with Apple Mac13, OS X v10.10.x – macOS v10.12 (Sierra) Mobile Operating Systems; and with iOS, Android, Windows 10 Mobile, Amazon Fire mobile devices.
- Standard interfaces include: Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN, 2.4 GHz, IEEE 802.11b/g); Memory Card Slot; PictBridge (USB) & Wireless PictBridge (Wireless LAN); Hi-Speed USB port.
- Uses dye-based ink cartridges.
- 18-sheet postcard-size paper cassette.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Canon here.
- February 2017: Global Portable-Printer Market to Grow at Compound Annual Growth Rate of 17.32 Percent
- January 2016: New Canon SELPHY CP1200 Wireless Photo Printer with Increased Battery Life
- January 2014: New Canon SELPHY CP910 Wireless Printer for Printing 4″x6″ Color Photos Nearly Anywhere