Lexmark Appoints Ying Liu Chief Financial Officer
Last week, Lexmark International – now owned by China’s Ninestar (formerly known as Apex Technologies) and a consortium of investors, reported that it had appointed Ying (Vivian) Liu as senior vice president and chief financial officer (CFO), effective July 6, 2017.
Liu comes to Lexmark from Huawei Technology Inc., a global information and communications technology solutions provider, where she has served as vice president of finance, Enterprise BG, since November 2016. Based in Shenzhen, China, Liu led a global finance team in support of an $8 billion business serving enterprises, small and medium-sized businesses and public sector customers.
Prior to joining Huawei, Liu spent eight years in finance positions with Cisco Systems, most recently as director of finance, U.S. Enterprise Segment Sales and Service, in which she supported a sales organization responsible for $6 billion in products and services.
Earlier in her career, Liu held finance positions with Deloitte Financial Advisory Services, Goldman Sachs, and Deloitte & Touche LLP. She began her career with China Merchants Bank in Shanghai.
Liu holds a bachelor’s degree in international finance from Shanghai University of Finance & Economics, and an MBA from the University of Washington in Seattle. She is a chartered financial analyst (CFA) and a certified public accountant (CPA).
- July 2017: Thoma Bravo Acquires Lexmark Software Business; Perceptive Acquired by Hyland
- June 2017: Lexmark CEO Reeder Resigns Citing ‘Personal Reasons’
- May 2017: Supreme Court Rules in Impression Products v. Lexmark: No Patent Rights After Domestic and Foreign Sales
- May 2017: Private-Equity Firm, Hyland Software to Acquire Lexmark’s Software Business
- February 2017: Ninestar Discusses Lexmark Acquisition; Aims to be ‘One Stop Provider’ for Printer Industry
- January 2017: Lexmark to Lay Off 10 Percent of Software Group Employees
- December 2016: Apex Technology Says Lexmark Acquisition Will Help it Create Global Printer Empire
- November 2016: It’s Official: Lexmark Acquired by Apex and Investors; Reeder Named CEO