M-Files Enterprise Content Management Integrating ABBYY Technologies
M-Files Corporation, a provider of information management solutions for automatic classification of documents and other information, reports that it’s formed a partnership with ABBYY, a provider of intelligent document capture, optical character recognition (OCR), and language-based and artificial intelligence technologies.
M-Files is integrating ABBYY technology into its intelligent information management platform to further improve the way information assets can be categorized and organized. The result is said to be a more intelligent and streamlined information environment that ensures consistency in how content is categorized and intelligently linked to other relevant data, content, and processes to deliver a “360-degree view” of structured data and unstructured content in different business systems.
This is made possible with ABBYY technology, which leverages artificial intelligence and natural language processing (NLP) to understand text in context. Based on algorithms that analyze the meaning of words and reveal the relationships between them, even complex and unstructured documents are said to be accurately classified.
“Our partnership with ABBYY brings a strong complement of artificial intelligence capabilities to our core platform to further transform and automate the way our customers manage information and related processes,” says Mika Javanainen, vice president of product management at M-Files Corporation. “By assisting in the process of automatically categorizing files with metadata, ABBYY technology is like jet fuel to the M-Files metadata-driven architecture, intelligently offloading users from repetitive tasks while making information more easily discoverable across the organization.”
“Getting the right information to the right person at the right time is key in today’s fast-paced world, but the majority of content that businesses rely on is unstructured, which hinders businesses from leveraging machine-based processing and automation,” said Sven Diedrich, Director Business Unit Technology Licensing at ABBYY Europe. “Our partnership with M-Files will help businesses harness this valuable unstructured content with simple automatic classification that establishes context and relevance, making it easy for users to quickly transform into actionable information.”
- May 2017: ABBYY’s Next-Generation FlexiCapture Data-Processing Solution Provides New Enhancements
- January 2017: ABBYY Releases Version 14 of FineReader OCR and Document-Capture Software
- July 2016: ABBYY FineScanner OCR Scanning Solution Now Available for Android Mobile Devices
- February 2016: New ABBYY InfoExtractor SDK, Smart Classifier for Automating Business Document Processes
- February 2015: ABBYY’s Updated PDF Transformer+ Provides Faster Printing, Start-Up, and More
- December 2014: ABBYY Europe Partnering with Fujitsu to Expand Document-Capture Solutions
- July 2014: ABBYY Releases Next Generation of FineReader Online with New Document-Conversion Features
- May 2014: Next-Generation ABBYY Recognition Server Features Extended PDF Capabilities, Direct SharePoint Integration
- April 2014: Next-Generation ABBYY FineReader 12 Corporate OCR Software with Upgrades