Digikett Previewing New Memjet-Powered ‘Hybrid’ Mobile Inkjet Printer for Commercial Printing
Maker of page-wide inkjet printing solutions Memjet reports that German-based manufacturer Digikett GmbH is showcasing the new Memjet-powered Digi-M-Jet hybrid inkjet color-printing solution at the DOXNET Conference and Exhibition. The Digi-M-Jet is said to be a revolutionary mobile, all-in-one, full-color inkjet print tower that can be physically moved from press-to-press for commercial and production printing. The mobility of the Digi-M-Jet is also said to enable commercial printers to easily retrofit their web or rotary offset and flexo presses and document-finishing solutions to offer duplex, full-color variable data printing (VDP).
The Digi-M-Jet is an inkjet printing solution that’s said to combine “maximum flexibility with exceptional print quality and speed.” It incorporates five Memjet color print heads, and can be used alone or connected to any current paper-transport system, including a tension-feed or pin-feed web press. The quality produced by the Memjet print heads, combined with the flexibility of the Digi-M-Jet, is said to provide operators with a wide range of possibilities for hybrid printing, which saves them time and money by using existing paper transports.
The Digi-M-Jet is also modular. Using two Digi-M-Jet print towers, users can print color high-speed inkjet in wide web or duplex, and achieve a quality resolution of 1,600 by 1,375 dpi at speeds at up to 102 m/minute. By combining up to four Digi-M-Jet print towers, users can print up to 35,000 A4 pages per hour on a wide web with variable content and duplex capability.
A computer touch pad integrated directly into the solution drives the Digi-M-Jet, and no separate computer is needed. This all-in-one integration is said to enable printers to simplify their operations and avoid any technical issues or mishaps that can happen with free-standing computers.
Bill Brunone, general manager of the Memjet commercial business unit commented: “The print market today is fiercely competitive. Once a printer gets a client, the company must proactively work to keep that customer satisfied and returning with more print jobs. That’s why the Digi-M-Jet is such a critical resource for today’s print operations. Combining the Digi-M-Jet with their existing equipment gives printers a cost-effective way to ensure they always have the right solution for the right job, regardless of the volume, color, or level of customization.”
Mark Bracht, owner and managing director of Digikett GmbH commented: “The new Digi-M-Jet is a universal tool for offset printers. It provides them with a fast, cost-effective solution that brings the benefits of full color inkjet printing to any flexo or offset press. Printers can maximize their investments in existing hardware, and they can open new lines of business by producing jobs traditionally suited for digital presses — including full-color variable printing jobs. This combination of opportunity and economy makes the Digi-M-Jet a vital resource for any printer today – and into the future.”
Click here to see a video of the Digi-M-Jet in action, visit the Digikett website (www.rollendigitaldruck.de)
- June 2016: Memjet Adds New OEM Partners New Solution and Digikett
- May 2016: XYZprinting to Preview 3D Printer that Uses Memjet Print-Head Technology
- May 2016: New Digi-M-Jet Hybrid Printer for Commercial Printing Powered by Memjet Technology
- March 2016: DuraFast Shipping Memjet-Powered Vortex 850R Color Label Printer
- June 2015: Memjet Opening New San Diego HQ for Growing Number of Employees and New Product Development
- May 2015: RTI Digital Launching XL Stacker for Memjet-Powered Vortex 4200 Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer
- February 2015: IPT Digital to Demonstrate JFlex 870 Powered by Memjet’s Aspen Print Engine
- January 2015: First Memjet-Powered JFlex870 Label Printer Sold in Canada
- November 2014: Memjet: 2014 has been a ‘Banner Year’ with Record Product Development and Growth
- October 2014: New Memjet-Powered Colordyne CDT 3600 Series Digital Label and Tag Production-Printing System