Epson Claims ‘Record Sales’ for SurePress Label Printers
Epson America reports today that it’s achieved “record sales” of its SurePress L-4033AW and L-6034VW digital label presses for its fiscal year that ended on April 30th, with it and its global affiliates installing over 250 SurePress units worldwide.
“Between the continued momentum of the SurePress L-4033AW, and the addition of the SurePress L-6034VW, this just-ended fiscal year was record-breaking for Epson’s digital label presses,” commented Victor Gomez, group product manager for Epson America’s Label Products. “The demand for the new SurePress L-6034VW is a testament to the need for a press that delivers excellent print quality and flexibility. Not only is this sales achievement a great win for Epson, it is also a win for our customers that rely on Epson to deliver their customers with high quality, consistent and repeatable labels.”
The SurePress L-6034VW is Epson’s first single-pass industrial press, the first to use Epson’s PrecisionCore line-head print-head technology, and the first to use Epson’s low-migration LED UV curing ink. It’s said to provide “precise quality and high-speed printing ideal for jobs across all industries, including health and beauty, nutraceuticals, and food and beverage, as well as standard consumer packaged goods.”
The Epson SurePress L-4033AW is designed for prime label converters and commercial printers, and is a seven-color inkjet digital label press with white ink, and can also print on clear and metallic substrates.
- May 2017: IDC: Epson Inkjet Overtakes HP in India’s Printer/MFP Market
- May 2017: Slow Fiscal Year for Epson, but ‘Solid Demand’ for High-Capacity Inkjets
- April 2017: Epson Has Sold over 20 Million Ink-Tank Inkjet Printers
- March 2017: IDC: Small Increase in Global Printer and MFP Shipments in Fourth Quarter; Gains for HP, Epson
- February 2017: Revenues, Profits, Decline for Epson, but High-Capactiy Ink-Tank Printers’ Revenues Expand
- November 2016: New Epson Factory in Japan to Triple Epson’s Inkjet-Print-Head Manufacturing