Lexmark ‘Goes Beyond’ with New A3 Color Printers, MFPs with Fastest-Ever Print and Scan Speeds
Lexmark International today announced its next-generation of A3 color laser printers and smart copier/MFPs that will be available in the fall of 2017, and feature nine new models designed for workgroups, including the CX924, Lexmark’s fastest color laser MFP to date, which is rated at up to 65 ppm, and all of which feature printing on up to 12″ x 18″ media.
Overall, Lexmark says the new models expand its “heritage with color printing that goes beyond typical page sizes, monthly duty cycles that support high-demand environments, scan speeds that drive the fastest capture of any Lexmark ever, and printing at up to 65 ppm with a full range of finishing options that guarantee output flexibility.”
The new models include:
- The Lexmark CS920 series and CX920 series, which feature Lexmark’s fastest printing and scanning devices, and highest paper capacity. Maximum monthly duty cycles for the CX920 series is from 200,000 to 275,000 pages.
- The CX920 series, which features Lexmark’s fastest scanner, with scanning rated at up to 80 ppm.
- These new models have the highest paper capacity in Lexmark’s color laser line, at 6,650 sheets.
Features of note for these high-speed, high-capacity, color A3 devices include:
- Ease of use: A next-generation 10-inch touchscreen featuring Lexmark’s own e-Task interface creates an intuitive icon- and text-driven experience that walks users through each step in a process.
- Flexibility: User experience and productivity are enhanced with included solution apps that are located on the user interface, such as Lexmark’s Print Release and Mobile Print. Devices can also be customized with optional apps or with the user’s own apps.
- Manageability: The CS920 and CX920 mdoels can become an integrated part of an existing Lexmark fleet as soon as they are plugged in, with complete fleet management, proactive diagnostics, and remote firmware upgradeability.
- Security: Lexmark’s security portfolio is built into every CS920 and CX920 device.
- Mobility: Mobility features include simple printer discovery and mobile printing from Apple iOS, Android, and Google Cloud devices, as well as mobile scan and full administration to configure mobile policies, options, and defaults.
- Accessibility: Integrated voice guidance, standard headphone jack, tiltable operations panel, and screen magnification with pinch-and-zoom features optimize productivity with varying levels of abilities.
- Integration with Lexmark services: Every CS920 and CX920 series device is fully compatible with key Lexmark services, from Managed Print Services to Lexmark Print Management.
- The CS series prints at up to 55 ppm, while the CX series prints at up to 65 ppm and scans at up to 160 spm (Lexmark’s fastest scanner ever).
- Maximum monthly duty cycles ranging from 150,000 to 275,000 pages, depending on model.
- Replacement toner cartridges yield up to 34,000 black-and-white pages, and up to 34,000 color pages.
- Long-life service intervals: Fusers and developer units are good for up to 720,000 and 600,000 pages, respectively, for maximum uptime.
- Both series feature Pantone color-matching, color calibration, embedded color sample pages, and Lexmark Color Replacement for easy color matching of spot color
and RGB (red, green, blue).
- 1.2 GHz CPU, and maximum 4 GB of memory (depending on model).
- Optional document-finishing such as multi-position stapling, booklet-making, saddle-stitching, and tri-folding.
For more information, visit Lexmark here.
- May 2017: Lexmark Beefs-Up Printer and MFP Security with New Secure Document Monitor
- May 2017: Nuance Document-Management, Print Solutions Now Available via Lexmark Dealers
- April 2017: Lexmark Introduces Testing Assistant Application for Automatic Test Grading
- March 2017: Lexmark Partnering with Intelligent ID to Develop Data- and Document-Security Solutions
- February 2017: New Solarity Connector Links Lexmark MFPs to Scanning, Indexing Software for Medical Records
- November 2016: Lexmark Adds New Solutions to its Healthcare Software and Solutions Portfolio