Lexmark Beefs-Up Printer and MFP Security with New Secure Document Monitor
Lexmark International today announced a new solution that provides insider security threat protection for Lexmark printers and MFPs, Lexmark Secure Document Monitor. The solution, along with partner Intelligent ID’s Endpoint ID (EID), enables customers to have greater visibility and insight into data, and to also monitor threats and vulnerabilities.
Lexmark Secure Document Monitor (LSDM) captures user data and content from every document that is printed, copied, scanned, or faxed directly from the Lexmark MFP, as LSDM resides on Lexmark printers MFPs to automatically capture content and user data from every document that passes through.
From there, captured data is routed to the customer’s DLP or monitoring system for review. Lexmark says LSDM is flexible enough to integrate with existing security solutions and homegrown systems. The firm says it can also deploy its bundled offering that includes LSDM with Intelligent ID’s Endpoint ID from our DLP partner, Intelligent ID.
Other features include:
- Investigate and build cases easier: A single, unified dashboard enables administrators to monitor all users and information from one place in order to better understand how data is being used, and build more robust case files and investigations.
- Increase insight with tailored monitoring: Endpoint ID enables customized rule-sets; keywords and alerts that are unique to any business, for a detection solution that provides insights tailored to any specific security needs.
- Simplify compliance: Automated compliance-mapping provides real-time reports on the status of pre-set initiatives, revealing gaps in compliance by individual endpoint, group, department, or entire organization.
The premise-based solution will be available immediately for Lexmark enterprise customers in North America.
Allen Waugerman, senior vice president and chief technology officer for Lexmark commented: “While widespread external threats such as WannaCry malware are frequently in the news, internal security threats are more common. Lexmark Secure Document Monitor with Endpoint ID offers next level data-loss prevention. Helping customers gain more comprehensive insight into every stage of the data lifecycle is one more way Lexmark helps customers secure their devices, data and documents across the organization.”
“We hear from customers every day who have suffered exposure and loss of their sensitive data and IP when it’s fallen through gaps in their information security software,” said Glen Kazerman, CEO of Intelligent ID. “By combining Endpoint ID’s user monitoring capabilities with Lexmark Secure Document Monitoring’s technology, we can now offer a solution that significantly reduces gaps in data loss at the multifunction device including hard copies, scans, faxes and more.”
- May 2017: Nuance Document-Management, Print Solutions Now Available via Lexmark Dealers
- April 2017: Lexmark Introduces Testing Assistant Application for Automatic Test Grading
- March 2017: Lexmark Partnering with Intelligent ID to Develop Data- and Document-Security Solutions
- February 2017: New Solarity Connector Links Lexmark MFPs to Scanning, Indexing Software for Medical Records
- November 2016: Lexmark Adds New Solutions to its Healthcare Software and Solutions Portfolio