Xerox CEO Tells Shareholders Strategic Transformation on Track; Burns Retires from Board
At its annual meeting of shareholders today, Xerox CEO Jeff Jacobson discussed the company’s financial performance in 2016, and outlined current Xerox strategy – which, among other things, includes adding new U.S. multi-brand dealers.
In his address to shareholders, Jacobson commented, “Our foundation is strong, our product portfolio is as deep as it has ever been, and our customers are responding to our renewed focus on the document technology market. This is a new Xerox and we are bringing innovative solutions to the market that will strengthen our business and enable attractive returns to our shareholders.”
As previously announced, Chairman of the Board and former Xerox CEO Ursula M. Burns retired from the Xerox Board of Directors, effective today, and Robert Keegan has been named non-executive chairman. Keegan has been a director since 2010 and formerly served as CEO and president of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.
“Throughout Ursula’s career, she has demonstrated a passion and love for the company. We admire her personal and professional commitment to our success,” said Jacobson. “I look forward to working more closely with Bob as he steps into the chairman role. His experiences leading businesses through turnarounds continues to be a great benefit to the Xerox team.”
Also at the annual meeting, shareholders elected by a majority vote all members of the Xerox board of directors: Gregory Q. Brown, Jonathan Christodoro, Joseph J. Echevarria, William Curt Hunter, Jeffrey Jacobson, Robert J. Keegan, Cheryl Gordon Krongard, Charles Prince, Ann N. Reese, Stephen H. Rusckowski,and Sara Martinez Tucker.
In a separate vote, shareholders ratified the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the company’s independent, registered public accounting firm for 2017.
- May 2017: Xerox’s Global Imaging Acquires Major Ricoh Dealer MT Business Technologies
- April 2017: Xerox Seeking to Add 60 New U.S. Multi-Brand Dealers, Training Thousands of Resellers
- April 2017: Xerox Revenue Down, Cites Charge for Fuji Xerox New Zealand Operations
- April 2017: Xerox Appoints Former Tech Data Exec to Lead SMB Drive
- March 2017: Xerox Reveals its Biggest Product Blitz Ever with New VersaLink, AltaLink ‘Workplace Assistants’
- March 2017: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires Laser Resources
- February 2017: Xerox to Spend $100 Million Acquiring Independent Copier Dealers, Converting them to the Xerox-Only Brand
- February 2017: Xerox Sells FreeFlow Print Server Business to EFI
- January 2017: Revenues Slide for Xerox’s Fourth Quarter, Full Year