Marco Expands with Dakota Business Center’s Sales and Service
Marco Technologies, which is based in St. Cloud, Minnesota, and markets copier/MFPs, printers, managed print services (MPS), and business IT services, reports that it’s “assumed responsibility” for the copier/printer sales and service previously provided by Dakota Business Center, a Rapid City, South Dakota-based company. The 15 employees that previously supported Dakota’s copier/printer solutions have joined the Marco team.
Dakota Business Center will continue to provide its customers with sales and service for their office supplies, office furniture, managed IT and promotional products.
“This purchase allows Marco to further expand its technical expertise and services in the state of South Dakota,” said Marco CEO Jeff Gau. “We look forward to continuing Dakota’s commitment to satisfying their copier clients and providing opportunities for their valued employees.”
This is the 16th acquisition the company has completed over the past three years. Marco has six locations throughout South Dakota has 1,100 employees and serves more than 31,000 customers from its 47 locations throughout the Midwest and nationally.
“We are excited to sell our copier division to Marco. They have an excellent reputation in the community for their commitment to excellence, outstanding customer service and as a great place to work,” said Carter Taylor, CEO of Dakota Business Center. “We are also very eager to focus more fully on our office furniture, design and supply business.”
Marco is one of the largest technology providers in the country with 47 offices throughout the Midwest and 31,000 customers nationwide. It specializes in business IT services, copier/printer solutions, and managed and cloud services.
- October 2016: Marco Acquires Business IT-Services Company Infinity Technology
- June 2016: Marco Takes Over North Country’s Copier/MFP and Wide-Format Printer Business
- June 2016: Marco Acquires IT-Services Group Paragon Solutions Group
- November 2015: Employee-Owned Marco Office-Equipment Dealership Acquired by Norwest Equity Partners
- August 2015: Marco Continues Expansion with Crabtree’s Copier Sales and Service
- June 2015: Copier-Dealer Marco Continues Expansion in Wisconsin
- October 2014: Marco Expands Footprint in Midwest, Now has 39 Locations in U.S.