Xerox’s Global Imaging Acquires Major Ricoh Dealer MT Business Technologies
Global Imaging Systems (GIS) company has acquired MT Business Technologies, a Mansfield, Ohio-based multi-brand dealer that provides office-equipment, productivity solutions, and managed print services to organizations throughout Ohio and South Eastern Michigan. Xerox did not disclose terms of the deal.
Xerox says it’s focused on enhancing and expanding its channel reach, particularly in the $20 billion multi-brand reseller space. It says the acquisition of MT Business Technologies by GIS will open up new market opportunities for it in Ohio, including large metropolitan areas such as Cleveland and Columbus, which offer “strong growth potential.”
“We’re joining forces with one of Ohio’s most respected office solutions companies,” said Michael Pietrunti, senior vice president of, acquisitions, Corporate Services and Marketing, at Global Imaging Systems. “This gives us the opportunity to expand our local network and generate increased revenue, while also providing more customers with industry-leading technology and innovative services to meet today’s business needs.”
MT Business Technologies president Chuck Rounds, who has been with the organization since 2000, will remain company president after the acquisition.
- March 2017: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires Laser Resources
- October 2016: Xerox’s Global Imaging Acquires ASI Business Solutions as it Seeks to Expand in Texas
- March 2016: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires Texas Dealer
- July 2015: Xerox’s Global Imaging Acquires Lanier/HP Office-Equipment Dealer
- January 2015: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires Alabama Division of The Stewart Organization
- April 2013: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires One of Southeast’s Largest Dealers
- December 2012: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Buys Fuchs Business Solutions
- February 2012: Tom Salierno is New CEO for Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems