OKI Europe Previews Next-Gen Pro8432WT White-Toner Graphic-Arts Printer
OKI Europe today unveiled its next-generation white-toner graphic-arts printer, the OKI Pro8432WT A3 white-toner laser printer. With the new printer, OKI says it’s reduced the cost of white-toner printing, and included an additional two white toner cartridges in the box, so that, out-of-the-box, the printer can produce approximately 13,000 white pages.
Printing with white toner, the Pro8432WT can produce full-color transfers that are already “weeded” and ready to be used to decorate substrates of any color. Self-weeding capability removes the time-consuming, multi-step processes previously required when decorating colored garments and products with traditional methods.
Manufactured to be compatible with all major transfer-media brands, the Pro8432WT, also features the latest low-temperature transfer to decorate virtually any substrate from cotton and man-made synthetic fabrics, to metal, glass, acrylic, and wood. With new light single-step transfer media, the strong opacity of white toner permits lighter color garment decoration in a single step process. The transfer system is said to be fast and easy, and set-up costs are said to be substantially lower than that of other digital-printing techniques such as direct-to-garment, and overcomes the limitations of sublimation white-only polyester blank decoration.
OKI also says that the Pro8432WT is optimized for transfer-media printing using speciality fuser and toner technology, which deliver strong white opacity and lasting vivid colors.
- Color print speed up to 35 ppm
- 1,200 x 600 dpi resolution
- 800 MHz CPU
- 100-sheet MPT tray; 300-sheet additional tray
- 256 MB standard RAM; 768 MB maximum RAM: 768MB optional SDHC Memory Card
- 10/100/1000 Base Ethernet network interface, optional wireless LAN
- Weighs 37kg and footprint (HxWxD) is 360 x 449 x 552mm
- Maximum paper weight is 220gsm via tray, 256gsm via MPT
- Toner cartridges Yield): 10,000/4,500 pages (color/white)
“The Pro8432WT is designed to fit any print shop or design studio where space is at a premium, as a fast-turnaround, short run alternative to silk screen and other decorative methods. Thanks to its fast and easy set-up, it also provides an accelerated route to new revenue streams for high street print shops and businesses or organizations majoring in light production printing,” commented Lee Webster, general manager of product marketing for OKI Europe.
- January 2017: Groundbreaking OKI Pro6410 Printer that Prints in Neon Colors Now Available in North America
- January 2017: OKI Europe Launches ColorPainter E-64s Wide-Format Color Printer
- October 2016: New OKI Europe ‘Smart Printer’ Color Printers for Desktop to Enterprise
- October 2016: OKI Infotech Expanding Wide-Format Color Printer Line with New ColorPainterT E-64s
- September 2016: OKI Shows New Wide-Format ColorPainter E-64s Wide-Format Color Printer for Signage and Graphics Commercial Printing
- July 2016: EFI Launches New Fiery Controller for OKI C900 Series Production Printers