While the outlook for Toshiba Corporation remains muddled – currently, both Apple and Foxconn are said to be in a bidding war for Toshiba’s memory-chip business – there was good news for anyone associated with Toshiba copiers this week. This week, Toshiba Tec was again named the market leader in China’s A3 copier/MFP market for the 17th year in a row with 16.4 percent market share. (Interesting fact: while it’s well-known that China is the world’s largest exporter of merchandise goods, according to the World Economic Forum, China is also the second largest importer of merchandise goods).
The copier market in China last year was also good overall: last year in China, 655,200 A3 MFPs were sold, representing a 4.8 percent year-over-year market increase. Toshiba’s sales increased 8.4 percent during that time, a growth ratio stronger than that of the market.
- Epson Adds ‘Game-Changing’ Document Scanners, Including DS-780N with Touchscreen, Network Interface – Read more here.
- Epson Rolls Out Three New WorkForce Pro Business-Inkjet All-in-Ones Starting at $149.99 – Read more here.
- Xerox Rolls out New DocuShare Flex Designed to Provide SMBs with Affordable ECM Solution – Read more here.
- Samsung Printing App Center 2.0 Now Officially Open – Read more here.
- Canon Says Business-Inkjet and Laser-Printer Expansion in China is ‘Key Pirority’ – Read more here.
- Toshiba Tec Claims Largest Share in China’s A3 MFP Market – Read more here.
- Epson May be Moving More Manufacturing to Europe – Read more here.
- CGI Suing Ricoh, Mimaki, Lanier for Patent Infringement – Read more here.
Commercial- and Production-Printing News
- Canon Expands Commercial Inkjet-Printer Portfolio with Océ VarioPrint i200 – Read more here.
- Canon Opens Customer Experience Center to Grow Commercial-Printing Business – Read more here.
- HP Selling Snapfish to District Photo – Read more here.
Become a Sponsor and Get the Word Out
Want to get the word out about your product or solution? This weekly newsletter reaches the movers and shakers in the digital-imaging industry, and our Web site receives over 15,000 hits per day from readers throughout the world – with nearly 4.0 million hits in the last year. Contact Kathy Wirth to learn about our affordable advertising rates and how you can reach our readers through either this newsletter or at our Web site, wirthconsulting.org.
Visit alexa.com for verification.
The Third Dimension