The Irish Times reports that HP Inc. is bringing its Instant Ink automatic ink-cartridge delivery program to Ireland. HP says the subscription-based service could save customers up to 70 percent, or €564, on ink costs annually. The HP Instant Ink service is available now from Currys PC World and Harvey Norman retail stores across Ireland.
HP Instant Ink automatically detects when ink levels are running low and orders a replacement cartridge delivery, eliminating users of HP inkjet All-in-Ones and printers running out of ink at unexpected times.
With the program, customers sign up for a monthly subscription for a flat rate based on how many pages they typically print per month. Three monthly pricing options are available in Ireland – €2.99 for a 50-page per month plan; €4.99 for a 100-page per month plan, and €9.99 for a 300-page per month plan.
Once the customer enrolls in the HP Instant Ink program and installs an Instant Ink cartridge into a compatible HP printer, the device continually sends its ink levels to HP. When ink begins to run low, the device then sends an alert to HP; HP then delivers a new cartridge to the customer. The cost of ink and delivery is included in the monthly plan price. HP also provides pre-paid envelopes that’s used to return used cartridges to HP for recycling through the HP Planet Partners program.
The price is the same regardless of whether printing in black-and-white or in color, there’s no annual fee, and consumers are free to change or cancel plans at any time.
Gary Tierney, HP Ireland Managing Director, commented: “At HP, we’re continually reinventing our products and services to meet the evolving needs of customers and deliver technology that makes life better for everyone. Taking this approach to consumer printing, HP has developed a service that reinvents home printing and can reduce customer costs by hundreds of Euros.”
Tierney continued: “The three-tier subscription model means there will be a plan to suit most customer printing needs, regardless of whether they are a light or heavy print user. HP Instant Ink will ensure that customers in Ireland will never run out of ink again, whilst making significant cost savings and not compromising on quality of ink. It’s an all round win win.”
- October 2016: HP Updates on Printing Group: Instant Ink up 20 Percent, PageWide Portfolio Gains Market Share, More
- November 2015: Our Continuing Adventures with HP’s ‘Instant Ink’ Program
- Hands-On Review: HP Instant Ink Program
- The HP Instant Ink Saga – Our First Billing Statement
- September 2015: HP Announces New Instant Ink-Eligible Inkjets; New Officejets with One- and Two-Year Instant Ink Subscriptions
- August 2015: The HP Instant Ink Saga – Our First Billing Statement
- July 2015: Hands-On Review: HP Instant Ink Program
- July 2015: HP: More than Half-a- Million Customers Subscribing to its Instant Ink Ink-Cartridge Subscription Program
- December 2014: Staples Now Offering HP’s Instant Ink Ink-Cartridge Subscription Program
- October 2014: New HP Officejet 8040 All-in-One with Neat Cloud Service, Instant Ink Eligibility
- August 2014: New HP ‘Instant Ink Professional’ – Print up to 2,000 Pages per Month for $59.99
- August 2014: HP Launches Four New Mobile-Printing Friendly Inkjet All-in-Ones with Instant Ink Program
- June 2014: New HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One and ePrinter; All-in-One Eligible for Instant Ink Program
- September 2013: A Look at the New HP Connected Service with New Instant Ink Subscription, More