Xerox today introduced DocuShare Flex, which is designed to provide small- and mid-size businesses (SMBs), and small company departments, with the enterprise content management (ECM) that typically only large enterprises can afford to purchase and deploy. The new cloud-based, affordable solution for SMBs enables users to digitize document processes such as invoicing, sharing files, editing, managing databases, and storing documents, just like large companies do.
The firm notes that SMBs tend to rely on inefficient paper-based systems, and often lack centralized storage of digital information. According to respondents to a 2016 Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM) survey, poor content-management practices result in taking too long to find content (62 percent), duplicated efforts (52 percent), and insufficient re-use (46 percent).
The new cloud-based DocuShare Flex platform is said to provide the automation, security, and scalability of large-scale ECM systems “in an affordable package that’s easy to configure and use without IT support,” according to Xerox. It’s compatible with Xerox ConnectKey MFPs and associated apps for developing specific time-saving workflows, and includes a ConnectKey-based scanning service for scanning directly to DocuShare Flex.
Ultimately, DocuShare Flex systems are designed to save SMB users hours, days, or weeks of work. Users can complete document-intensive tasks such as:
- Routing documents automatically to facilitate approval processes and version control.
- Automating necessary documentation for ease of compliance with government and industry mandates.
- Simplifying management of the multitude of documents required for transactions, accounting, billing, and other document-intensive operations.
With it, users can:
- Easily manage and organize business content.
- Set up business rules to automate and drive common processes, then save and reapply these rules to other departments.
- Create user-driven document workflows that don’t require costly professional services.
- Connect to line-of-business applications such as ERP, accounts-payable, and HR systems.
- Add custom document types to support unique departmental needs.
- Work from anywhere via a secure, mobile-friendly interface.
- Use a search capability to find information in seconds.
Automating Document Workflows
DocuShare Flex can be used to store and manage a wide range of document types and content. It has a scalable storage capacity of hundreds of millions of documents. Managing documents from creation through archiving and eventual disposal is provided out of the box.
Users can store all project documents in one place, manage review cycles, and meet potential audit requirements. It can also enforce compliance with best practices since management can observe work status.
DocuShare Flex is designed for non-technical staff with an intuitive search engine and a user interface (UI) that requires little training. The UI is Web-based and will run on a wide range of browsers and mobile devices.
The platform can work with back-end company systems to pull data and link to documents.
The new DocuShare Flex platform augments the existing Xerox DocuShare portfolio, including Xerox DocuShare 7.
According to Xerox, DocuShare Flex can be deployed in day, with little to no IT support or employee training needed, and can be easily scaled to meet changes in user numbers, storage space, and specific process requirements. DocuShare Flex customers can add capacity and users incrementally to further control costs. The number of users can range from a minimum of five people up to thousands. It has advanced review-process controls that enable annotation, redaction and simultaneous viewing while controlling versions to keep documents current.
“We developed DocuShare Flex from the ground up to be the ECM solution of choice for SMBs and company departments,” said Wasim A. Khan, head of Xerox global workflow automation. “DocuShare Flex will enable users to be more responsive by enabling them to find information quickly and easily, more secure by better controlling access to sensitive documents, and more productive by automating key business processes.”
DocuShare Flex is now available in North America, and will be available in Europe and other select regions by May 31, in Canada in June, and in Asia-Pacific by the end of August. Distribution is available via a network of Xerox agents, dealers, concessionaires and resellers, as well as through the Xerox direct-sales force.
- March 2017: Xerox Reveals its Biggest Product Blitz Ever with New VersaLink, AltaLink ‘Workplace Assistants’
- February 2017: Xerox to Spend $100 Million Acquiring Independent Copier Dealers, Converting them to the Xerox-Only Brand
- December 2016: Xerox Gears up for ‘Largest New Product Launch’ – 29 New ConnectKey MFPs Coming, New Dealer Recruitment
- November 2016: Xerox Launches ‘Healthcare Copier/MFPs’ Optimized for Healthcare with Kno2 Document-Exchange Cloud Service
- November 2016: Xerox Expands Solutions for Helping Customers Move from Paper to Digital, More
- November 2016: New Xerox Web Capture Service Said to Eliminate ‘Pain Points’ of Document Scanning and Processing
- November 2016: New Xerox Phaser 6515 Color A4 MFP with Tablet-Like Touch Screen, Mobile Connectivity, and $439 SRP
- October 2016: Four New A4 Color Printers and MFPs from Fuji Xerox with WiFi Direct, Mobile Printing, More
- September 2016: New Xerox Small-Office WorkCentre MFPs, Phaser Printer Start at $299, Said to Provide Exceptional Ease-of-Use
- March 2016: New Xerox i-Series MFPs Feature Latest ConnectKey 3.0 Apps for Document-Processing, WorkFlow, Supply-Ordering, More