Canon U.S.A. today rolled out its new Océ VarioPrint i200 Inkjet Press, new MICR inks, and its next-generation PRISMAsync controller.
Canon introduced the Océ VarioPrint i-series Release 2, an expansion of its products that include the introduction of the Océ VarioPrint i200 press, an MICR (magnetic ink character recognition) version for printing sensitive financial documents, and the previously launched Océ VarioPrint i300 device. Powered by Océ iQuarius technologies, the firm says the new expansion “is set to provide inkjet productivity combined with sheet-fed versatility, while offering cost-effective, premium inkjet quality prints on an expansive range of media.”
“When we originally launched the Océ VarioPrint i300, with iQuarius technologies, we brought innovation to the inkjet space that was unprecedented and introduced a technology that was built around the evolved needs of our valued production print customers,” said Toyo Kuwamura, executive vice president and general manager for Canon U.S.A.’s Business Imaging Solutions Group. “Now, after the successful market adoption of our ground breaking Océ VarioPrint i300 device, we once again look to enable our customers to expand their business by further enhancing the already industry-leading application versatility and productivity of the VarioPrint i-series.”
Key Customer Benefits
The firm says the Océ VarioPrint i300 press is “game-changing in its uptime, print quality, and economics. It opened the doors to new business opportunities, while paving the way for the inkjet revolution to redefine the print industry. “
With a One Canon approach, developers from Canon and Océ designed various enhancements, including:
- Application versatility: New offering allows users to combine media into one job and consolidate monochrome and color on one device. Extra paper feeding options to enable running tabs and pre-punched stocks.
- Production efficiency: For print-service providers looking to maximize daily output with less labor, the Océ VarioPrint i-series allows for one operator to seamlessly run multiple devices.
- Best-in-class uptime: Enhanced functionality in place to help users meet service level agreements and keep the Océ VarioPrint i-series presses running reliably while producing myriad types of jobs.
The i-series Release 2 also includes the next generation PRISMAsync version 5 workflow to offer a full native PDF workflow and enhanced Graphic Arts functionality to help advance productivity in print shops of all sizes.
High-Speed Inkjet Printing on Cut Sheets.
As the high-speed inkjet printing market continues to grow, this latest launch solidifies Canon’s commitment to offering a range of new options, improvements, and software for the Océ VarioPrint line, and recognizing the need to adapt to the ever-evolving requirements of customers around the world.
With the launch of the Océ VarioPrint i200, Canon similarly says it took a look at its production-printer portfolio and ways to further strengthen it for customers. At 194 letter-size ppm, Canon says its Océ VarioPrint i200 press now bridges the gap between the Canon imagePRESS C10000 device at up to 100 ppm and the Océ VarioPrint i300 device at 294 ppm, and the Océ ColorStream and Océ ProStream series’ with its sheet-fed versatility and consolidation of monochrome and color printing.
The Océ VarioPrint i-series Release 2 including the Océ VarioPrint i200 will be available for customer installations in June through Canon Solutions America. To protect customers’ investments, the new Release 2 functionality is also available to existing i300 customers.
- April 2017: Canon Rolls out $995 Entry-Level imagePROGRAF iPF670E Wide-Format Printer
- March 2017: Canon Rolls Out Third-Generation of varioPRINT DP Monochrome Production Printers
- March 2017: Canon U.S.A. Announces Long-Anticipated Océ Colorado 1640 UVgel Printer for Wide-Format Printing
- February 2017: Canon Rolls Out Océ ProStream Inkjet Production-Printer
- December 2016: New Canon hdAlbum EZ Service for Producing Custom Photo Books with DreamLabo 5000 Production Photo Printer