Canon U.S.A. is introducing the imagePROGRAF iPF670E ($995 MSRP), its new entry-level, color inkjet wide-format printer. The iPF670E is based on Canon’s iPF670 series, prints on media up to 24″ wide, uses five color dye/pigment inks, and is designed for printing CAD/GIS documents, posters, graphics, and larger-size business documents.
Canon says the new printer provides print speeds approximately 20-percent faster than that of the competition (when printing a CAD drawing in Fast mode on A1-size plain paper, the imagePROGRAF iPF670E completes a print in approximately 56 seconds, compared to 70 seconds for competing devices.)
The 24-inch iPF670E comes equipped with a total of 540 ml of ink differentiating it from competitors that offer less than 100 ml of ink.
The new iPF670E employs a 5-color dye and pigment ink system with cyan, magenta, yellow, black, and matte black inks. Matte-black ink is for producing a dense black tone on plain paper, while black ink is for glossy media to enable high image quality for poster printing. The printer also features 90 ml ink tanks for all colors, more than double that of the competition.
The printer’s “hot-swap” ink tanks allow users to swap ink tanks in the middle of a print job without having to worry about ruining the print. With non-firing ink nozzle-detection, in the event that a nozzle clog occurs, the iPF670E automatically compensates for this blockage by taking advantage of another available nozzle, due to the over 15,000 nozzles in the print head. Users can also load larger media rolls of diameters up to 5.9″.
Available free for download for the imagePROGRAF iPF670E is the following software:
Accounting Manager –Keeps track of ink and media costs.
PosterArtist Lite – Brings graphic design needs in-house to create posters.
Print Plug-in for Microsoft Office – Allows users to integrate directly with core Microsoft applications for streamlined workflow.
Direct Print & Share – Users can drag-and-drop files to hot folders to easily print large format files
- Number of Nozzles: 15,360; MBK: 5,120 nozzles ; C, M, Y, BK: 2,560 nozzles each
Nozzle Pitch: 1,200 dpi
Print Resolution (up to): 2,400 x 1,200 dpi (maximum)
- OS compatibility: Microsoft Windows® (Vista/7/8.1/10); Apple Macintosh (OSX 10.7.5-10.11X)
- Standard interfaces: USB 2.0 High-Speed; Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-T/TX
- Ink capacity: 90ml per tank
- Media width: Roll Feed – 10 – 24 (254mm – 610mm)
- Media thickness: 0.07-0.8mm (2.8-31.4mil)
- Maximum roll print length: 59′ (18 meters)
- Maximum media roll diameter: 5.9 (150mm)
- Borderless-printing width: 10, B4, A3, 14, A2, 17, B2 (20.28”/515 mm), A1 (23.38”/594mm), 24
- Paper-feed method: Roll Feed: One Roll, Top-loading, Front output
- Print languages: GARO (Canon Proprietary)
For more information and complete specifications, visit Canon here.
- February 2017: Canon Rolls Out Océ ProStream Inkjet Production-Printer
- March 2017: Canon U.S.A. Announces Long-Anticipated Océ Colorado 1640 UVgel Printer for Wide-Format Printing
- March 2016: Canon Expands imagePROGRAF PRO Wide-Format Printer Family with Four New Models
- November 2015: New imagePROGRAF iPF770 MFP L36/iPF670 MFP L24 Entry-Level MFPs from Canon