Yesterday, Ricoh India launched what it’s calling a “hybrid” MFP: an A3 black-and-white MFP with A3 (11″x17″) print and scan, but with a compact size and noise-reduction features that make it suitable for deploying on desktops and near workers.
The firm says the new MP305+SP’s “super compact design” enables it to be installed virtually anywhere, including on office desktop and counter tops. It also features noise-reduction and heat-exhaust minimization for more quite operation, as well as a narrowed bypass tray, rounded edges, ergonomic handles, and covered interface ports.
The MP305+SP measures 350mm wide x 493mm deep x 505mm high (13.8″ wide x 19.4″ deep x 19.9″high) and weighs 32 kg. (70.5 lbs.).
Positioned for small to mid-size businesses, it’s said to feature simplified print-driver installation, enhanced scan to URLs, Quick user authentication, customizable user and device usage management, and various workflow enhancements. The device is equipped with a second-generation 10.1 inch Smart Android Operation Panel powered by Intel Processors.
First Page Out Time (FPOT) is 4.9 seconds and the MP305+SP is rated at up to 30 ppm. Ricoh says it can complete a typical five-page print job in just 15 seconds. A “Quite Mode” also enables users to print with reduced noise by adjusting print speed down to 15 ppm.
Other features include:
- Standard black-and-white network print, copy, Super G3 fax, and color scan.
- Standard PCL 5e, PCL 6(XL), Adobe PostScript 3, and PDF drivers.
- Standard SD slot; Ethernet 10 base-T/100 base-TX/1000 base-T network interface; USB 2.0 port; and optional Bluetooth wireless connectivity.
- Full-color scan to email (SMTP (TCP/IP), folders (SMB, FTP, URL), USB drives, and SD cards.
- Standard 320-GB hard drive and Java virtual machine (VM) that enables customers to deploy solutions without having to purchase further options.
- Software Development Kit (SDK) support enables development of embedded solutions.
- On/off timer helps reduce energy consumption by automatically switching the MFP to Sleep Mode, or turning it off after a specified time. Remote Power Off allows administrators to switch off specific devices from a remote location
Commenting on the launch, AT Rajan, managing director and CEO of Ricoh India, said “The new hybrid machine has been engineered with an endeavor to infuse Solutions-Ready concept which were available only with larger, A3 devices. The state-of-the-art technology streamlines device management, document storage and distribution including, cloud services.”
The Ricoh MP305+SP is available at MRP of 172,830/- across India. For more information, visit Ricoh India here.
- March 2017: New Ricoh MFPs for Healthcare with Locked Paper Tray, Wristband-Printing, More
- February 2017: Ricoh Refreshes A3 Monochrome MFP Family with Six New Models Rated at up to 60 PPM
- February 2017: Ricoh Launches High-Volume A3 Color-Laser Printers
- January 2017: New Ricoh A4 MFPs Said to Bring Advanced Office-Imaging to Workgroups of All Sizes
- January 2017: Ricoh Launches its First 62-PPM A4 Printer; New ‘Small Footprint’ MFPs; 42-PPM A4 MFP
- December 2016: New Ricoh A3 Color MFPs for High-Volume Offices Equipped with Latest Smart Operation Panel
- October 2016: Ricoh USA Launches New Copier/MFPs, Printers with Smart Operation Panel, Motion Sensor
- October 2016: Ricoh USA Launches Application Site, New MFP Applications
- September 2016: Ricoh Joins Laserfiche VAR Program for Enterprise Content Management Solutions
- June 2016: Ricoh’s Next-Generation A3 Color MFPs with Tablet-Like Operation Touchscreen, ICE Integration, More
- February 2016: New Ricoh Electronic Data Exchange Automates Capture and Storage of Diverse Healthcare Information