Lexmark International reported yesterday that it’s partnering with Intelligent ID, which provides risk-management and user-behavioral analysis solutions, in order to co-develop document and security offerings.
Intelligent ID provides user-monitoring and analytics software that’s said to secure organizations’ business assets by continuously monitoring and alerting management to suspect events. This includes data loss or theft activity, compliance infractions, workplace-liability issues, inefficient use of time and resources, infrastructure concerns, insecure file access, and more.
Lexmark says that by combining its imaging expertise and Intelligent ID’s data-monitoring methodology, the partnership is expected to produce an end-to-end approach to combat insider security threats.
It also says that the partnership will enable the two companies to collaborate on software that enhances the tracking and security of sensitive documents, preventing external and internal threats.
The solutions are expected to focus on detecting malicious and non-malicious breaches that may occur internally when sensitive digital information is duplicated or transferred to hardcopy via a printer or copier/MFP.
The partnership will provide data-risk monitoring via the company’s network, the user’s endpoint, or the Lexmark device itself. Data will be collected in real-time or over a period of time.
Allen Waugerman, senior vice president and chief technology officer at Lexmark, commented: “In the age of digital transformation, we want to provide not only secure data protocols against external forces, but also enable customers to strengthen their monitoring coverage to include all users and devices within the organization. Our partnership with Intelligent ID will strengthen our offerings to provide this coverage against internal threats, providing a safer, more productive work environment.”
“Imagine having the ability to monitor print, copy, fax, and scan documents in real-time to prevent accidental or purposeful data leaks,” said Jim Mazotas, founder and chief technology officer at Intelligent ID. “Our partnership with Lexmark will extend this monitoring coverage to include all users and devices within the organization, providing an innovative solution that solves insider threat potentials.”
- February 2017: New Solarity Connector Links Lexmark MFPs to Scanning, Indexing Software for Medical Records
- November 2016: Lexmark Adds New Solutions to its Healthcare Software and Solutions Portfolio
- October 2016: Latest Version of ReadSoft Process Director for Automated Accounts-Payable Now Available from Lexmark
- August 2016: Lexmark Upgrades Invoice Capture Service Solution, Adds New Partner Referral Program
- July 2016: Lexmark Taking on A3 with Latest A4 MFPs, Including 60-PPM XC8160
- February 2016: Lexmark Launches ReadSoft Online R8 for More Efficient Accounts-Payable Processing