Canon U.S.A. today introduced its new imageFORMULA DR-X10C II Production Document Scanner for high-volume scanning. The new scanner, which is now available through Canon dealers, replaces Canon’s imageFORMULA DR-X10C production document scanner. Among the scanner’s new features are a standard a built-in Kofax CGA board to enhance image quality and improve scanning speed, which was previously an option, as well as bundled Kofax VirtualReScan software.
According to Canon, the DR-X10C II device lends itself to a variety of uses, including high-volume batch scanning, back-file conversion, archiving, and general document-management, making the scanner particularly appropriate for financial-services, healthcare, legal, and government applications.
Enhanced Speed and Image Quality
Canon’s imageFORMULA DR-X10C II scans at up to 130 ppm in color, monochrome, and grayscale modes, with both sides of an item scanned in a single pass. The firm says that integration of the Kofax CGA board and VirtualReScan software allows for more effective image processing and helps improve scan quality, as well as the speed for converting scanned documents into searchable files.
Through Canon’s VirtualReScan interactive viewer, users can observe and adjust the quality of an image during the scan. Among other features included to help improve image processing are text-orientation recognition, automatic color detection, and automatic-adjustment for brightness and contrast.
Intuitive Interface with Durable Design
From the imageFORMULA DR-X10C II’s control panel, users can program pre-registered scan-to-job buttons, check operator updates, and select scanner settings. The scanner’s document-feeding tray automatically opens when powered on to begin scanning right away.
Versatile Media Support
The imageFORMULA DR-X10C II scans documents up to 11″ x 17″ or 22″ x 34″ in size, as well as business cards and over-size documents. The device’s Ultrasonic Double-Feed Detection sensors detects when at least two documents are fed into scanner, helping prevent multiple pages being fed together, and helping to ensure that all input is captured – a feature critical to high-volume batch-scanning operations.
The imageFORMULA DR-X10C II also incorporates a Double-Feed Retry mechanism to reverse misfeeds and continue scanning with Canon’s Rapid Recovery System.
For more information and complete specifications, visit Canon here.
- March 2017: Canon Introduces imageFORMULA ScanFront 400 Scanner with Beefed-Up Security Features
- February 2017: New Square 9 ECM Software Now Available for Canon Document Scanners
- November 2016: New Canon ScanFront 400 is First EPEAT Gold-Rated Document Scanner
- October 2016: Canon Previews New Solution for Integrating imageFORMULA Document Scanners with Salesforce
- September 2016: Canon to Preview New Network Document Scanner, the imageFORMULA ScanFront 400
- September 2016: New Canon Therefore Online SMB Information-Management Workflow Application with Simpler Setup
- June 2016: Canon Introduces Next-Generation of Therefore Document-Workflow Solution
- May 2015: New Canon imageFORMULA DR-C240 Scanner Designed for Mixed-Size Documents
- March 2015: New Canon Scan-tini Portable Document Scanner with Scan-to-Cloud
- February 2013: New Canon Production Scanners, imageFORMULA DR-G1130 and DR-G1100, Scan at up to 130 PPM