Electronics For Imaging (EFI) reports that it’s launched a Fiery digital front end (DFE) for the new Kyocera TASKalfa 8052ci and TASKalfa 7052ci copier/MFPs.
According to Douglas Cole, director of Product Marketing for KYOCERA Document Solutions America, the new DFE will enable office workgroups to produce more documents in-house rather than outsourcing print jobs to commercial printers: “Office workgroups are successfully expanding the range of high-quality documents they can produce in-house, reducing outsourcing expenses by creating their most important color documents with TASKalfa MFPs and EFI Fiery technologies. Having this Fiery system available for our newest, higher-volume TASKalfa color models allows our customers to do even more with their print without compromising on quality.”
The Fiery Printing System 16 for Kyocera TASKalfa MFPs is said to provide “great color and image quality,” along with optional tools for automated print-job submission. Customers can expand personalized printing using the integrated variable data printing (VDP) capabilities of Fiery FreeForm. Optional Fiery Hot Folder and Virtual Printer features are also said to reduce errors and automate repetitive tasks for all office workers.
EFI says its Fiery SmartRIP technology provides streamlined processing of queued print jobs, and users are said to benefit from the ability to process and produce professional-looking booklets, brochures, manuals, and flyers in-house and on demand, “at a fraction of the cost of outsourcing.”
Users are also to achieve improved color imaging with tools such as Fiery Spot-On to ensure the best match for Pantone colors. Printing management is also said to be easier with Fiery VUE, a desktop application for the Fiery DFE that simplifies the process for creating materials such as booklets, sales guides, and manuals in just a few clicks. The application, which can be downloaded for free at www.efi.com/fieryvue, also provides users with an instant 3D preview of the finished product.
Fiery Booklet Maker, another automated feature for the new DFE, is a driver-based imposition tool that allows users to print multiple pages of a print job from any application in a booklet style, without the need for more advanced imposition programs. An optional Fiery Productivity Package gives users the ability to perform advanced print-job queue management tasks, automated print-job submission and preparation, and last-minute image corrections.
- March 2017: Kyocera Launches New, Faster A4 Desktop Printers Rated at up to 64 PPM
- January 2017: Kyocera Launches DMConnect Pro Document Capture-and-Distribution App
- December 2016: New High-Volume MFPs from KYOCERA, TASKalfa 8052ci Color Series, TASKalfa 8002i Series
- December 2016: New KYOCERA A4 MFPs Said to Provide Features Previously Not Available for Low-Volume MFPs
- October 2016: Kyocera’s New A4 Printers and MFPs Feature WiFi Direct, Mobile Printing, Tiered Color Print Billing, More
- October 2016: Square 9 Connector for Enterprise Content Management Now Available for Kyocera HyPAS-enabled Copier/MFPs
- September 2016: New A3 Kyocera TASKalfa 6052ci Series with Tiered Color-Print Pricing, WiFi Direct, NFC, More
- September 2016: Kyocera Partners with DataBank for Providing Business-Processing, Enterprise Content Management Services
- September 2016: New A3 Kyocera TASKalfa MFPs ‘Fully Loaded’ with Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, Re-Usable Toner Containers, More