Yesterday, Canon U.S.A. announced a slew of new imageRUNNER ADVANCE and imageCLASS copier/MFPs and printers, as well as a new cloud based e-mail management solution (see below).
Available in both color and monochrome models, the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE and imageCLASS MFPs and printers are designed for small businesses to enterprises, and feature a consistent design to minimize the user learning curve, along with integration with uniFLOW, Canon’s output-management platform, for greater visibility, control, and security of office printing across customer fleets. The imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs are also said to provide users with scanning and document-processing capabilities through uniFLOW .
New imageRUNNER ADVANCE Models
Completing the third-generation of Canon’s imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFP portfolio, the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE C3530i and imageRUNNER ADVANCE C3525i models are said to be equipped with “outstanding scanning capabilities,” which is said to be particularly useful for sectors such as legal, financial, healthcare, and education. They’re said to provide single-pass duplex scanning capabilities nine-times faster than predecessor models.
The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE C355iF/C255iF models are the first A4 (print and scan on up to 8.5″ x14″) MFPs to be introduced on Canon’s third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform. Designed with the same user interface, dependability, device security, document security, and standard workflow features offered by the third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE line, these MFPs are said to provide consistency in user and management experience across an MFP fleet.
Using the security capabilities of the third-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs are also said to provide “robust device and document security functionality” that’s designed to help protect the device, as well as the information that flows through it, from unauthorized access. When coupled with uniFLOW, document security is further enhanced through secure pull-printing and secure document scanning.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C3500 Series and imageRUNNER ADVANCE C355/C255iF MFP models will be available in early spring through Canon dealers.
New imageCLASS Models Expand Canon’s Desktop Printer Family
The new 45-ppm black-and-white imageCLASS LBP312dn, 28-ppm Color imageCLASS MF735Cdw, and 28-ppm Color imageCLASS LBP654Cdw standalone printers are said to feature faster print speeds, as well as feature higher toner-cartridge capacities and an improved ease-of-use compared to their predecessors.
The new MF735Cdw and LBP654Cdw also incorporate a new device platform called Application Library that enables users to create and access their own customized workflows via a remote interface and a new five-inch color touch screen.
The printers are said to expand the available assortment of desktop-ready Canon printers that Canon says can be used to complement more centralized imageRUNNER ADVANCE A3 copier/MFPs.
Common optional tools such as the uniFLOW solution, imageWARE Remote, and Canon Managed Document Services can be employed to help manage the fleet, from optimizing print workflows and security features, to managing supplies, service, and maintenance.
The imageCLASS LBP312dn, Color imageCLASS MF735Cdw and Color imageCLASS LBP654Cdw models are currently scheduled to be available early spring through Canon dealers and select Canon resellers.
New Cloud-Based eMail Solution via Box and MxHero for Managing eMail
Canon notes that industry experts estimate that 80 percent of data in the world is unstructured, with 40 percent of this data contained in the form of email messages and email attachments.
Canon also announced the expansion of its relationship with Box.com, which provides online document sharing and storage, and a new relationship with MxHero, a cloud-based based service for cloud-based email management, storage,and collaboration.
The new partnership is designed to solve the challenges of sending and receiving large files transmitted with email, including the need for security features and limited mailbox quota. As emails pass through mxHero, email attachments can be automatically routed to an access-restricted cloud storage account, such as Box , making email inboxes more managed and controlled. Box solutions also provide various security features, including the ability to restrict who can access files and when they can be accessed.
Canon says mxHero integrates with existing customer email servers to enable the transfer of files, and automates additional mail rules, including the separation of attachments from emails to cloud-based platforms such as Box, a feature that’s said to be particularly helpful for businesses that must maintain emails and files for auditing, including those in legal, finance, and healthcare.
Canon expects Box and mxHero solutions to be available through Canon dealers and Canon Solutions America in May 2017.
Pricing and specifications for the new introductions will be available at a later date.
- January 2017: Canon Launches Third-Generation, Mid-Volume A3 imageRUNNER ADVANCE 4500 Copier/MFPs
- September 2016: Canon Announces Third-Generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE A3 Color Copier/MFPs for High-Volume Deployments
- September 2016: New Canon Therefore Online SMB Information-Management Workflow Application with Simpler Setup
- September 2016: New Canon imageCLASS Desktop MFPs with Wi-Fi Direct Connection for Connecting to Mobile Devices without a Router
- August 2016: Canon Introduces New Cloud-Based uniFLOW Print-Management Solution, Plus ADVANCE Cloud Portal V 2.0
- August 2016: Canon’s New Business Services Platform for Dealers Designed to Make Providing Canon Solutions Easier
- August 2016: Canon Adds New A3 imageRUNNER ADVANCE 5500 Series Color MFPs, imageCLASS LBP712Cdn Color Laser Printer
- June 2016: Canon Introduces Next-Generation of Therefore Document-Workflow Solution
- May 2016: Canon Adds imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500 and 6500 Series to List of AirPrint-Enabled MFPs
- April 2016: Canon Rolls Out Slew of New imageCLASS Laser Printers, MFPs with AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, NFC, Mopria Mobile Printing
- February 2016: Third-Generation Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs Feature Standard Secure HDD, Updated Touch Screen, User-Authentication Options