Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires Laser Resources
Global Imaging Systems (GIS), a Xerox company, has acquired Laser Resources, a Grimes, Iowa-based multi-brand dealer that markets production printers, copier/MFPs and their related software and solutions, as well as managed print services (MPS), professional services, and document-management services. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Laser Resources President and CEO Bob Lashier will remain company president. He has worked in the industry for more than 30 years and was one of the founders of Laser Resources in 1991. “Our ability to sell the Xerox product line through our partnership with GIS will allow us to reach new heights with our printing solutions, maintenance services, and technical support offerings,” said Lashier. “Best of all, it increases our ability to exceed customer expectations throughout Iowa and its borders.”
Co-owner Andy Lashier will remain executive vice president. He began his career with Laser Resources 20 years ago, taking a leadership role in launching the company’s managed print services offerings.
The acquisition of Laser Resources strengthens GIS’ presence in the Des Moines and central Iowa markets while reinforcing the company’s strategy to expand its multi-brand sales channels.
“As a leading multi-brand dealer, Laser Resources expands our network of locally based companies who successfully provide end-users with industry leading technology and innovative services,” said Michael Pietrunti, senior vice president of Acquisitions, Corporate Services and Marketing, for GIS. “We’re joining forces with one of Iowa’s most respected and growing document solutions companies.”
Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems is made up of regional core companies in the United States that sell and service document management systems such as printers, copier/MFPs; network integration services; and electronic presentation systems. As an office technology dealer, Global Imaging Systems sells products from various suppliers including Xerox. Xerox acquired Global Imaging Systems in 2007, and operates it as a wholly owned subsidiary within Xerox’s North America Operations.
- October 2016: Xerox’s Global Imaging Acquires ASI Business Solutions as it Seeks to Expand in Texas
- March 2016: Xerox’s Global Imaging Sytems Acquires Texas Dealer
- July 2015: Xerox’s Global Imaging Acquires Lanier/HP Office-Equipment Dealer
- January 2015: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires Alabama Division of The Stewart Organization
- April 2013: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Acquires One of Southeast’s Largest Dealers
- December 2012: Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems Buys Fuchs Business Solutions
- February 2012: Tom Salierno is New CEO for Xerox’s Global Imaging Systems