New EFI Servers for Konica Minolta’s New AccurioPress and AccurioPrint Production Printers
Electronics For Imaging (EFI), and Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. have launched two new EFI Fiery digital front ends (DFEs) designed to drive Konica Minolta’s first production printers introduced under the “Accurio” band name, the AccurioPress C2070/C2070P/C2060 and AccurioPrint C2060L (see story here).
Running on EFI’s Fiery FS200/FS200 Pro platform, the Fiery IC-313 external server and the Fiery IC-417 embedded server are said to provide “unsurpassed centralized job and color management.” As with all Fiery DFEs, they include Fiery Command WorkStation, a print-job management solution that’s designed to make it easier for operators to manage multiple printers or an entire shop from a single point.
The external Fiery IC-313 server is designed for busier, high-volume print environments, including businesses with extensive variable-data production-printing requirements. The embedded Fiery IC-417 server gives mid-volume print operations the ability to quickly streamline and improve their digital print production operations.
“These new Fiery DFEs provide highly advanced job management and workflow automation features, using proven Fiery technologies for fast job processing, reduced labor costs, shorter turnaround times, and less waste,” commented John Henze, vice president of Fiery marketing for EFI. “Customers do not need to compromise when using the Fiery DFE in their print environment. They can get the job right the first time and process more high-value jobs faster, expanding profit potential and fueling growth.”
The new Fiery DFEs integrate into existing production-printing workflows for digital color and offset printing through JDF implementation, which connects with automated estimating, scheduling, job ticketing, accounting, and other processes managed by EFI’s suite of industry-leading MIS and web-to-print products, including EFI PrintSmith, Premium Pace, and Enterprise Pace bundles for Konica Minolta. “These capabilities make Fiery the market leader and the DFE of choice for operations wishing to run their businesses as profitably as possible,” Henze said.
Fiery Advantage for Accurio
In addition to Command WorkStation, these new Fiery DFEs are said to offer a wide range of workflow and productivity features, including:
- Fiery JobFlow Base for automation of job preparation. Users can create print-ready files with a single click and use custom automated workflows for common job types to reduce repetitive work and minimize errors with this software, which comes pre-installed on the Fiery IC-313 server and is available through an optional Fiery Productivity Package on the IC-417.
- Fiery Image Enhance Visual Editor, which enables late-stage corrections on individual images for brightness, contrast, highlights, shadows, color balance, and sharpness without opening and editing the file in the originating application. This feature is standard on the Fiery IC-313 server and available on the IC-417 model with the Productivity Package.
- Control Bar Builder software, which gives users improved color quality control by placing industry-standard Idealliance or FOGRA color bars and customizable job information on every printed page. This advanced color control tool is optional with the Fiery Productivity Package for the IC-417 server and with the Fiery Graphic Arts Package, Premium Edition, for the IC-313 server.
The new Fiery DFEs are available from Konica Minolta and authorized Konica Minolta resellers.
- November 2016: Konica Minolta Seeks to Expand Industrial-Printer Business with New Site in France
- October 2016: EFI and Konica Minolta Extend Partnership to Include Cloud-Based Solutions for Production Printing
- September 2016: Konica Minolta Showing New AccurioPRESS C2070, EngageIT iLabel Printer, More at Graph Expo
- September 2016: Konica Minolta Establishes its First Dedicated Production-Printer Sales Company in South Korea
- September 2016: New EFI Fiery MIC-4150 Controller for Konica Minolta bizhub 1052/1252 Production Printers
- May 2016: Konica Minolta to Re-Brand Commercial Printing Solutions with ‘Accurio’ Brand Name, Launch KM-1 Inkjet Press
- April 2016: Konica Minolta Expands Presence in Label-Printing Market with New bizhub PRESS C71cf
- February 2016: Konica Minolta Expands Production-Print Lineup with 100-PPM bizhub PRO 1100