Lexmark International today announced a new imaging solution that connects Lexmark copier/MFPs to EDCO Health Information Solutions’ Solarity platform, which is said to be one of the world’s leading scanning and indexing software solutions for medical records.
The Solarity Connector enables hospitals to use a Lexmark MFPto scan and capture clinical information and then route them into the Solarity workflow, helping facilities reach HIMSS Stage 7 through to improvecare and patient safety.
The solution is the latest in a suite of Lexmark Healthcare products that integrate digital and physical content within healthcare applications to help healthcare providers be more efficient and keep patient data secure.
Lexmark says the Solarity Connector takes the complexity out of the information document-capture process by enabling providers to scan a stack of documents with a Lexmark MFP without specifying patient or document types. The images can then be previewed on the Lexmark MFP’s touchscreen, and are then automatically indexed by the Solarity software.
Lexmark says that in hospital environments, the Lexmark MFP provides a workflow kiosk for clinical operations, enabling hospitals to consolidate devices and create more workspace for clinicians.
To be validated as a HIMSS Stage 7 hospital, clinically relevant documents must be available in the electronic medical record within 24 hours of creation. According to Lexmark, capturing documents at the point of care using the Solarity Connector on a Lexmark MFP enables healthcare facilities to meet this requirement.
Lexmark is featuring the Solarity Connector at this week’s 2017 HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition being held in Orlando, Florida.
For more information on Solarity Connector, visit Lexmark here.
- November 2016: Lexmark Adds New Solutions to its Healthcare Software and Solutions Portfolio
- October 2016: Latest Version of ReadSoft Process Director for Automated Accounts-Payable Now Available from Lexmark
- August 2016: Lexmark Upgrades Invoice Capture Service Solution, Adds New Partner Referral Program
- July 2016: Lexmark Taking on A3 with Latest A4 MFPs, Including 60-PPM XC8160
- February 2016: Lexmark Launches ReadSoft Online R8 for More Efficient Accounts-Payable Processing
- January 2016: Lexmark Revamps A4 Color Printer/MFP Lineup in a Big Way; Includes New ‘Light Production’ 60-PPM A4 CX860 Copier/MFP
- May 2015: New Perceptive Checklist Capture for Capturing Content with Lexmark MFPs, Mobile Devices, and Desktops