Yesterday, Canon U.S.A. rolled out its new Océ ProStream color-inkjet production printer that it says builds on its decade of experience in inkjet-printing technology. The new Océ ProStream production printer is also said to leverage two years of development and a “greenfield approach” regarding design. Canon says the new series is “built on new innovative technology that takes high-speed inkjet to the next level of color output quality and media versatility, particularly in high-growth segments such as publishing, premium direct mail, graphic arts, and marketing collateral.”
The Océ ProStream prints on un-coated, inkjet-optimized, gloss and matte-coated papers at a rate of 80 m/min, 1,076 A4/minute, or 262 feet per minute. Canon this “heavy-duty production engine, delivers outstanding quality on a broad range of media.” Resolution is 1,200 dpi.
The Océ ProStream is said to combines several completely new core technologies for continuous-feed inkjet printing. Canon’s latest piezo drop-on-demand inkjet print head is combined with Océ Multilevel technology for printing sharper details and smoother half tones, and for more economical ink usage. An Océ-developed set of ColorGrip and polymer pigment inks is said to create vibrant colors on un-coated, inkjet-optimized and gloss and matte coated offset papers.
The firm also says that the sensitive flotation air dryer ensures that the printed paper is not touched until the print images are fully robust, so that there are no scratches or changes to gloss levels and minimal paper stress.
- February 2017: Canon Unveils New Deep Matte Media for DreamLabo 5000 Color Inkjet Production Photo Printer
- September 2016: Canon Announces New imagePRESS C65
- September 2016: Canon Aims to Cement Market Leadership in Color Production-Print Market with New imagePress C850
- August 2016: Canon Leads U.S. Mid-Volume Color Production-Printing Market for Six Consecutive Quarters
- January 2016: Canon and EFI Expand Relationship with Integration of Production-Printing Workflow Suites
- September 2015: Canon Launches Next-Generation in High-Speed Inkjet Printing, the Océ ColorStream 3000 Z Series