Ricoh USA today rolled out its next-generation series of A3 black-and-white MFPs, the RICOH MP 2555/MP 3055/MP 3555/MP 4055/MP 5055/MP 6055 MFPs, which can be equipped with various document-finishing options, and which are available through Ricoh dealers. They feature Ricoh’s new 10.1″-wide Super VGA Smart Operation Panel that Ricoh says provides a user-friendly interface with access to customizable features and applications, and they also feature support for mobile connectivity, including Apple iOS and Near Field Communication (NFC) support.
The MP 2555, MP 3055, and MP 3555 MFPs also feature configurations that feature a Single-Pass Document Feeder (SPDF) that scans two-sided documents in a single pass, doubling the duplex scan speed.
Ricoh also says the new MFPs feature a variety of security, mobility, and cloud-printing options. The 25-ppm MP 2555, 30-ppm MP 3055, 35-ppm MP 3555, 40-ppm MP 4055, 50-ppm MP 5055, and 60-ppm MP 6055 are said to minimize security risks with a wide range of security controls, such as user authentication. Optional near-field communication (NFC) for mobile printing from NFC-enabled mobile device, and optional HID user-card reader are also available. With Locked Print, jobs are held until the authorized user releases them, so that sensitive information isn’t left unattended.
The hard-disk drive also includes data-encryption protection, and a DataOverwriteSecurity System (DOSS) overwrites latent images recorded on the hard drive.
For their part, the new 40-ppm MP 4055, 50-ppm MP 5055, and 60-ppm MP 6055 can be equipped with optional document finishing for making booklets, tri-fold brochures, and pamphlets via a new inner-folder option built directly into the MPF, helping to minimize the MFPs’ overall footprint. The MFPs may also be equipped with an optional hybrid document finisher for automatic staple-less stapling of documents with multiple pages.
A PostScript emulation print driver for printing large, complex files is standard, and Super Group 3 fax is optional.
Smartphone and tablet mobile-device connectivity is provided via downloading the RICOH Smart Device Connector app to Android and Applie iOS mobile devices. According to Ricoh, this application enables users to share information and print without printer setup configurations or utilities. Information can be accessed directly from cloud-storage applications, such as Google Drive, Box, or Dropbox, and can be printed directly from the app. The latest version of the RICOH Smart Device Connector also allows for users to print emails and attachments. Originals can be scanned at the MFP and sent to a personal device or directly to cloud storage. Mobile printing via AirPrint and Mopria is also supported, and Android and iOS devices can connect with the MFP via Bluetooth (BLE). As noted previously, mobile connectivity is also provided via support for NFC.
The new MFPs are also Energy Star-certified and are EPEAT Gold rated.
Ricoh also reports that it’s introduced “MFP for Education versions” of these MFPs that are said to address the needs of the education market by providing features that secure the MFPs for shared use in unsupervised areas. The RICOH MFP for Education MFPs feature built-in Locking Paper Trays, and a bypass tray seal to prevent users from tampering with, or using non-standard paper stocks. They also provides an optional fixed bracket to secure keyboards and card readers, along with optional Cloud for Education package integration to help facilitate collaboration in and out of the classroom.
- February 2017: Ricoh Launches High-Volume A3 Color-Laser Printers
- January 2017: New Ricoh A4 MFPs Said to Bring Advanced Office-Imaging to Workgroups of All Sizes
- January 2017: Ricoh Launches its First 62-PPM A4 Printer; New ‘Small Footprint’ MFPs; 42-PPM A4 MFP
- December 2016: New Ricoh A3 Color MFPs for High-Volume Offices Equipped with Latest Smart Operation Panel
- October 2016: Ricoh USA Launches New Copier/MFPs, Printers with Smart Operation Panel, Motion Sensor
- October 2016: Ricoh USA Launches Application Site, New MFP Applications
- September 2016: Ricoh Joins Laserfiche VAR Program for Enterprise Content Management Solutions
- June 2016: Ricoh’s Next-Generation A3 Color MFPs with Tablet-Like Operation Touchscreen, ICE Integration, More
- February 2016: New Ricoh Electronic Data Exchange Automates Capture and Storage of Diverse Healthcare Information
- June 2015: Ricoh Offering ECM’s Syncplicity Secure Cloud-Based Document-Storage and Sharing Solution
- April 2015: Ricoh Launches CHAMPS Cloud IT Services for Ricoh Dealers
- March 2015: Ricoh’s mindSHIFT Launches Cloud Servers in Amazon’s Web Services Market