Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. today refreshed its bizhub copier/MFP portfolio with the launch of the new bizhub 458 and 558, which replace its bizhub 454e and554e, and are available immediately via Konica Minolta direct and channel partners. The firm says that the new MFPs “offers even more premium functionalities and finishing modes, while being highly reliable and productive.”
Boith MFPs are designed for mid-size to large workgroups, and their touchscreen control panels provide direct access to downloadable apps from Konica Minolta’s bizhub MarketPlace.
Similar to Konica Minolta’s other MFPs, the new MFPs have been developed according to the “Know one – operate many” principle, which means that users, once they get used to the Konica Minolta touchscreen-control panel user interface, can easily operate any other bizhub MFP. The firm says that this design principle also supports the easy integration of new devices into existing Konica Minolta MFP environments, which it says especially benefits large accounts.
The MFPs feature Konica MInolta’s 9″ multi-touch panel, which can be customized, along with the print-driver interface, to make operation easier. It also says that various document-finishing options enable users to produce various materials in-house, and that the high paper input capacity allows for running large jobs without any interruptions.
The bizhub 458’s specifications include:
- Rated at up to 45 ppm.
- Dual scanning at up to 160 opm in both color and black-and-white.
- Standard 4 GB of memory.
- Standard Android NFC (Near Field Communication) support for mobile printing from NFC-enabled devices; mobile print and scan pairing or Bluetooth LE (for Apple iOS).
- Optional 100-Sheet Staple Finisher with accessories for 80-page booklet-making, 2/3-hole punching and folding in multiple patterns; optional 50-Sheet Staple Finisher with 80-page booklet-making and punch kit options; optional 50-sheet Internal Staple Finisher.
- Super G3 Fax option.
- i-Option for file format conversion to Compact PDF and office Open XML formats, Web access, enhanced PDF security, OCR Font Support.
- User-authentication units for HID Proximity Cards and HID iClass Cards.
- Hard-disk mirroring option to ensure that all data saved on the main hard-disk drive (HDD) is always saved on a backup HDD as well
The bizhub 558 is virtually the same as the bizhub 458, but is rated faster at up to 55 ppm.
- November 2016: Konica Minolta Rolls Out ‘Smarter’ A3 MFPs with NFC Touch Area, Apps, Cloud Connectivity, More
- November 2016: Konica Minolta Launches New ECM Version of Dispatcher Phoenix Solution
- September 2016: Konica Minolta Rolls Out New ‘Workplace of the Future’ Smart-Office Solutions
- August 2016: Konica Minolta Extends A3 Lineup with Three New A3 Color MFPs
- July 2016: Konica Minolta Releases Latest Version of Dispatcher Phoenix with with New Web Interface, More
- June 2016: nQueue Cost-Recovery and Document-Routing Solutions Now Available for Konica Minolta bizhub MFPs
- March 2016: Konica Minolta’s EveryonePrint 4.0 Mobile-Print Solution Adds Multiple Advanced Capabilities
- February 2016: Konica Minolta Extends bizhub Family with Three New Color A3 Copier/MFPs for Small and Mid-Size Business