RISO today officially launched what it’s calling its latest advance in high-speed color printing, the ComColor GD Series of Professional Inkjet, full-color inkjet copier/MFPs that are rated at up to 160 ppm, and are designed for high-volume variable data printing (VDP) for direct-mail and transactional printing.
The new ComColor GD series is equipped with an embedded GDI controller, and supports two optional controllers. The PS-Kit is an embedded true Adobe Postscript RIP (raster image processor) that support Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac, and Linux. It also provides support for printing from mobile devices, and PDF printing from USB flash drives. The ComColor Express FS2000C is equipped with a Fiery digital front end developed by Electronics for Imaging (EFI). RISO says that this image processor meets the demands of variable data printing operations for direct-mail and transaction printing, and provides high-speed data-processing for large-volume, complex document data.
The ComColor GD Series is said to support a broad range of paper, card stock, and envelopes. The systems support media ranging in size from 3”x 5” to 11”x 17″, with support for media weights ranging from 46 gsm to 210 gsm (12-lb. bond to 56-lb. bond).
The ComColor GD series also introduces gray as a fifth color, for better reproduction of pastels, skin tones, and “an exceptional grayscale print quality.” Newly formulated black ink is said to increase print density over previous models, providing “a deep and rich black.” New High Intensity magenta ink is said to provide an expanded gamut with vibrant colors.
ComColor inkjet printers use RISO’s patented FORCEJET technology, which is incorporated exclusively in the ComColor product line. RISO says that his heat-less imaging system features a short, straight paper path, enabling fast print speeds in full color, and a cold, flat, and dry output that’s said to be ideal for processing output with document-finishing equipment.
The ComColor GD series currently consists of two models:
- The ComColor GD 9630 is rated at up to 160 ppm, and has a 2,500-sheet paper capacity.
- The ComColor GD 7330 is rated at up to 130 ppm, and also has a 2,500 paper sheet capacity.
For more information and complete specifications, visit RISO here.
- September 2016: RISO to Preview the ‘World’s Fastest Cut-Sheet Inkjet Printer,’ the ComColor GD Series
- June 2016: RISO to Enter Business-Inkjet Market with New 120-PPM ComColor FW MFPs
- January 2015: Riso Launches ‘World’s Fastest Digital Duplicator,’ the SE9480, Which Prints at 185 PPM
- December 2014: New RISO ME9450 Uses Two Color Cylinders Simultaneously to Print at up to 150 PPM