Ricoh Company of Japan reports that it’s appointed Yoshinori Yamashita as its new CEO and president, as well as representative director. Yamashita is currently a Ricoh director and deputy president, and general manager of Ricoh’s Business Solutions Group. Ricoh also reported that it’s “tackling changes in the business environment such as the decline in growth of office printing.”
In the past several years, Ricoh has suffered from declining profits, including in its office-imaging business, some of which it’s attributed to the negative effects of a stronger Japanese yen, which makes products sold outside of Japan less price-competitive. See “More Resources” below for more information.
Yamashita will replace Zenji Miura, who will resign as representative director, CEO and president, and will be appointed as corporate executive advisor as of April 1, 2017.
Shiro Kondo will also resign as a representative director, but will remain chairman and member of the Ricoh Board of Directors as of April 1, 2017. Nobuo Inaba will be appointed as chairman of the Ricoh Board as of April 1, 2017
Ricoh’s new CEO and president, Yoshinori Yamashita, graduated from Hiroshima University, earning a degree in engineering, and joined Ricoh in 1980. He was appointed president of Ricoh Electronics in 2008, and 2010, was appointed group executive officer and corporate vice president.
In 2011, Yamashita was appointed corporate senior vice president and general manager of Ricoh’s Corporate Planning Division.
In 2012, he was appointed director, a position he currently holds, and corporate executive vice president. In 2013, he was put in charge of Ricoh Internal Management and Control. In 2014, he was appointed general manager for Ricoh’s Business Solutions Group, a position he currently holds. In 2015, Yamashita was put in charge of Ricoh “core business,” a position he currently holds, and last year, was appointed deputy president, a position he also currently holds.
- October 2017: Profits Slump at Ricoh, Records Loss for Second Half
- August 2016: Ricoh Revenue and Profits Slide for Quarter, Slashes Forecast, Sales for Imaging & Solutions Down by 10.6 Percent
- July 2016: Ricoh India Chairman and Director Takano Resigns in Wake of Accounting Scandal
- July 2016: Ricoh India’s Full-Year Loss Estimated to Be 17.1 Billion Yen in Wake of Accounting Scandal
- June 2016: Ricoh India Suspends Top Officers in Wake of Financial Irregularities
- May 2016: Sales Up, But Profits Down for Ricoh’s Fiscal Year
- February 2016: Slight Dip in Profits for Ricoh’s Nine Months; Strong Sales of Production Printers
- November 2015: Modest Gains for Ricoh’s Latest Quarter Aided by Digital-Imaging Sales, Weaker Yen
- April 2015: Earnings Slump at Ricoh for Fourth Quarter and Full Fiscal Year
- October 2014: Ricoh Reports Robust Income, Steady Sales Gains for First Half of Its Fiscal Year
- April 2014: Ricoh Reports Robust Financial Results for Fiscal Year
- February 2014: Ricoh Reports Strong Financial Results, Raises Outlook
- November 2013: Sales, Net Income Up for Ricoh Japan’s Second Quarter, Fiscal Half-Year, Pushes Forcast Up