Ricoh USA has just launched a pair of desktop color copier/MFPs, the A4 RICOH MP C307 and RICOH MP C407, which accept up to 8.5″ x 14″ media and incorporate Ricoh’s Workstyle Innovation Technology that enables users, for instance, to store documents locally at the MFP or at Web-based cloud document storage- and sharing sites. The MFPs, available through Ricoh dealers, also feature Ricoh’s tablet-style Smart Operation Panel control panel with built-in Web broswer.
Ricoh rates the MP C307 at up to 31 ppm and the MP C407 at up to 42 (black-and-white)/36 color (ppm) at 1,200 x 1,200 dpi resolution, and both can handle a maximum volume of up to 5,000 pages per month. Scan speeds are rated at up to 80 images per minute (ipm) and two-sided scanning is available via the 50-sheet Single Pass Document Feeder (SPDF). A legal-size platen allows users to scan and share 8.5″ x 14″ stapled documents.
The laser-based MFPs feature standard color print, copy, scan, and fax.
The tablet-like 10.1″-wide Smart Operation Panel enables users to customize document workflows and distribute information to other MFPs, offices, and workgroups. The RICOH Smart Device Connector allows users to copy, print, and scan from mobile devices, as well as connect and share files with other Ricoh devices, such as Ricoh Interactive Whiteboards and projectors. RICOH Smart Device Connector also enables access to cloud services, such as Google Drive and Dropbox. If a visiting employee wishes to give a presentation and provide attendees with a printed version of it, all they need is the presentation on their mobile device or cloud service. They can print copies and send the presentation to the projector, directly from the device, without needing to install print drivers or ask IT for network access. Employees who find themselves working in different locations can also print, scan, and share from their own devices via native Apple AirPrint (iOS) and Mopria (Android) Near Field Communications (NFC) support.
Two paper-feed unit options are available to accommodate higher volumes or multiple media types.
Both MFPs incorporate a 1.46 GHz Intel controller and boast 2 GB of memory. A 320-GB Document Server allows users to store files from multiple sources for on-demand access, which is especially helpful for frequently reprinted jobs.
Security features include: Network User Authentication, IP Address Filtering, HDD Data Overwrite, HDD Encryption, Copy Guard Security, Secure Print, Encrypted Secure Print, Encrypted PDF Mode, Digitally Signed PDF, IP Sec, SSL/TLS, SNMPv3, SMTP over SSL, Security for IEEE 802.11i/w, IPv6, and Transport Layer Security.
Compatible software includes: Ricoh ICE (Integrated Cloud Environment), Device Manager NX Accounting, PCS Director, DocumentMall, HotSpot, Card Authentication Package, and Enhanced Locked Print NX.
Both MFPs are Energy Star-certified and have an EPEAT Gold rating.
- January 2017: Ricoh Launches its First 62-PPM A4 Printer; New ‘Small Footprint’ MFPs; 42-PPM A4 MFP
- December 2016: New Ricoh A3 Color MFPs for High-Volume Offices Equipped with Latest Smart Operation Panel
- October 2016: Ricoh USA Launches New Copier/MFPs, Printers with Smart Operation Panel, Motion Sensor
- October 2016: Ricoh USA Launches Application Site, New MFP Applications
- September 2016: Ricoh Joins Laserfiche VAR Program for Enterprise Content Management Solutions
- June 2016: Ricoh’s Next-Generation A3 Color MFPs with Tablet-Like Operation Touchscreen, ICE Integration, More
- February 2016: New Ricoh Electronic Data Exchange Automates Capture and Storage of Diverse Healthcare Information
- June 2015: Ricoh Offering ECM’s Syncplicity Secure Cloud-Based Document-Storage and Sharing Solution
- April 2015: Ricoh Launches CHAMPS Cloud IT Services for Ricoh Dealers
- March 2015: Ricoh’s mindSHIFT Launches Cloud Servers in Amazon’s Web Services Market