KYOCERA Document Solutions America today introduced DMConnect Pro, a document capture-and-distribution application for HyPAS-enabled KYOCERA copier/MFPs that’s said to provide “several essential functions,” including information-capture from paper documents and 2D barcode scanning.
DMConnect Pro uses OCR and Forms Recognition technology to interpret and extract information from scanned documents. Data from paper documents can be captured, processed, and routed to any system or database, anywhere in the enterprise.
The application automatically applies customizable templates for different document types, and allows users to correct, add, and search for specific data via a drag-and-drop user-interface on the MFP control panel.
The firm says that with the addition of its Card Authentication kit, DMConnect Pro can also be integrated with Microsoft Active Directory to further increase security. Employees can use their existing HID proximity cards to establish their access credentials with a single swipe of their user-authentication card at the MFP.
DMConnect Pro also features scanning capabilities using QR Codes, such as 2D and PDF-417 type barcodes, eliminating the need for manual data entry and reducing the potential for human error. Barcode scanning is said to be particularly valuable for law firms and other enterprises that store and retrieve files with hundreds or thousands of documents.
DMConnect Pro is one of more than 60 business applications offered by KYOCERA Document Solutions to help companies streamline their document-management process more efficiently and cost-effectively on any HyPAS-enabled Kyocera MFP.
- December 2016: New KYOCERA A4 MFPs Said to Provide Features Previously Not Available for Low-Volume MFPs
- December 2016: New High-Volume MFPs from KYOCERA, TASKalfa 8052ci Color Series, TASKalfa 8002i Series
- October 2016: Kyocera’s New A4 Printers and MFPs Feature WiFi Direct, Mobile Printing, Tiered Color Print Billing, More
- October 2016: Square 9 Connector for Enterprise Content Management Now Available for Kyocera HyPAS-enabled Copier/MFPs
- September 2016: New A3 Kyocera TASKalfa 6052ci Series with Tiered Color-Print Pricing, WiFi Direct, NFC, More
- September 2016: Kyocera Partners with DataBank for Providing Business-Processing, Enterprise Content Management Services
- September 2016: New A3 Kyocera TASKalfa MFPs ‘Fully Loaded’ with Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, Re-Usable Toner Containers, More
- September 2016: New A3 Kyocera TASKalfa 3511i, TASKalfa 3011i MFPs Feature Wi-Fi Direct and NFC
- August 2016: Kyocera’s PrivateScan App for Keeping Scanned Docs out of the Wrong Hands is Now Available
- July 2016: New Eco-Friendly Kyocera MFPs Feature ‘Locked’ Toner Cartridges, Dual-Purpose Black Toner Cartridge
- June 2016: New Entry-Level Color MFPs from Kyocera Said to Provide Advanced Feature Set
- May 2016: Kyocera ‘Keeps the Pedal to the Metal,’ Previewing 31 New A3 and A4 MFPs, Six New Business Apps
- March 2016: New Kyocera ECOSYS P7040cdn Desktop Color Printer with AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria Mobile Printing