Samsung’s Smart UX Mobile App Adds Smart UX Center Touchscreen Functionality to Samsung Printers
Samsung Printing Solutions (now called S-Printing Solution Company) has introduced its new Smart UX Mobile app, a smartphone app that enablers users to enjoy much of the functionality of Samsung’s Smart UX Center touchscreen with lower-cost Samsung standalone-printers equipped with only LCD displays (not touchscreens) using their smartphone.
Samsung’s Smart UX Center is a tablet PC-like, Android-based touchscreen that’s featured by various Samsung copier/MFPs. It allows users to customize their printing with various downloadable apps and widgets. The new Smart UX Mobile app is designed for Samsung printers that don’t feature the Smart UX Center touchscreen using their smartphone.
Samsung says the Android version of Smart UX Mobile was released in November 2016, and says that an Apple iOS version is “in the pipelines.”
The Smart UX Mobile app is said to add “smart functionality and vastly improved productivity” to conventional Samsung standalone-printers – all through the user’s smartphone.
How Does Smart UX Mobile Work?
The Smart UX Mobile app provides widgets that enable users to log-into a printer and manage basic copy, scan, and fax functions, as well as check on their toner levels. So even if the user is using a printer with a 2-line or 4-line LCD display, they can control the printer from their smartphone.
The Smart UX Mobile app also allows users to integrate their smartphone’s hardware to “revolutionize” their printer’s functionality. For instance, it lets users scan with printers that don’t have scan functionality using their smartphone’s built-in camera instead of scanning hardware.
Other mobile smartphone technology, such as voice commands, can also be used to control the printer and expand its functionality.
Smart UX Mobile also incorporates the mobile version of Samsung’s Dynamic Workflow, which was previously only available with Samsung MFPs. Dynamic Workflow Mobile allows users to use the software solution to link to business apps such as Salesforce or Kakaotalk, and to customize their workflow.
Printers compatible with the Smart UX Mobile app include the Samsung M458x, M4370, M5370, MX3 series, K2200, M4070, M4080, and C3060 series. Users of the Samsung MX4 and 7 series can also download the app and use it to operate their MFPs from their mobile devices.
- January 2017: Samsung Rolls Out Instant Print Program 2.0 with Online Portal
- November 2016: Samsung Lays Out Road Map for Merging Printing Solutions Group with HP Inc.
- November 2016: New Samsung Smart MultiXpress M5360RX A4 MFP with Faster Touch Screen, Smart UX Apps
- November 2016: New Samsung Update Enables Samsung Galaxy Users to Print to Millions of Printers
- July 2016: Samsung Adds New A4 Color Desktop All-in-One, Printer, with Dual 800 and 400 MHz CPUs
- June 2016: New Samsung Remote Fax Enables Users to Send Faxes without Optional Fax Kit Installed
- May 2016: New Samsung Server-Less Business Core 2.0 Apps for Document Workflows, Print Tracking and Security
- May 2016: Samsung Adds Ubiquitech Print-Management for Secure Printing with Samsung MFPs