While a smaller player than HP Inc. and Epson in the business-inkjet market, Canon U.S.A. recently upped its game with the U.S. introduction of one of its MegaTank inkjet All-in-Ones. While this particular model is geared for home and small-office use, we wouldn’t be surprised to see higher-volume business inkjets down the line.
We’ve worked extensively with Ricoh over the years and they’ve repeatedly earned our respect for the design and quality of their products. This week Ricoh has demonstrated its expertise yet again with the announcement of innovative new products.
The new products are production color printers, but the innovation is simple albeit unique and effective. The printers ship with workmanlike control panels for use by trained print shop operators, but can be upgraded with Ricoh’s deluxe Smart Operation Panel in order to accommodate walk-up or casual users.
In effect this innovation will keep the cost of acquisition to a minimum for use in print shops, while the printers can be upgraded for use by the more general office users.
Commercial- and Production-Printing News
- New Ricoh Pro C5200s Mid-Volume Color Production Printers with Optional Smart Operation Panel – Read more here.
- Samsung Rolls Out Instant Print Program 2.0 with Online Portal – Read more here.
- Canon Brings ‘MegaTank’ Refillable Ink-Tank Inkjets to U.S. – Read more here.
- Xerox Completes Separation into Two Companies – Read more here.
- New Epson Portable Document Scanners Weigh in at Less than Three Pounds – Read more here.
- Desktop 3D-Printer Market up 27 Percent, but Industrial/Professional Growth Lags – Read more here.
Become a Sponsor and Get the Word Out
Want to get the word out about your product or solution? This Web site receives over 13,000 hits per day from readers throughout the world – with over 3.5 million hits thus far in 2016. Contact Kathy Wirth to learn about our affordable advertising rates and how you can reach our readers through either this newsletter or at our Web site, wirthconsulting.org.
Visit alexa.com for verification.
The Third Dimension