To mark its recent separation into two publicly traded companies – Conduent and Xerox – Xerox reports that it’s unveiled a new ad campaign featuring a contemporary twist on an iconic Xerox commercial. The commercial describes Xerox’s strategy “to innovate the way organizations of all sizes communicate, connect, and work.”
Xerox’s iconic “Brother Dominic” commercial debuted 40 years ago as one of the most famous Super Bowl advertisements of all time. Back then, Brother Dominic turned to the Xerox copier to simply duplicate his manuscripts. But today, he translates, personalizes, and securely shares his creation both physically and digitally across all devices, all over the globe.
“The ad is the first manifestation of a new communications platform that will be anchored by the tagline Set the Page Free,” said Toni Clayton-Hine, chief marketing officer for Xerox. “It offers a nod to Xerox’s heritage, reflects our present and embraces our future by showing how Xerox has evolved to help companies connect both the physical and digital world through personalization, apps, automation, and security.”
Roll-out of the Brother Dominic advertisement includes 30- and 60-second television commercials and digital spots beginning in the United States. The ads were created by Y&R of New York City and director James Rouse, and were inspired by the work of Allen Kay, creative director at Needham, who created the original Brother Dominic commercial.
- January 2017: Xerox Completes Separation into Two Companies
- December 2016: Xerox to Stay in Connecticut after State Offers Low-Interest LoanDecember 2016: Xerox Gears up for ‘Largest New Product Launch’ – 29 New ConnectKey MFPs Coming, New Dealer Recruitment
- December 2016: Xerox Names Hoover Chief Technology Officer
- December 2016: Xerox Appoints New Board Members, New CFO
- November 2016: Xerox Board Approves Split into Two Companies
- October 2016: Revenues Down, but Net Income up for Xerox’s Third Quarter
- October 2016: Xerox Wins 10-Year, $110 Million MPS Contract with U.S. Department of Agriculture
- October 2016: Xerox Rolls Out New Conduent Brand Logo as it Prepares for Split into Two Companies
- June 2016: Jeff Jacobson to Become CEO of Xerox Document Technology Company