KYOCERA Document Solutions America today unveiled its next-generation ECOSYS M2640idw Series of monochrome copier/MFPs. Designed for lower-volume use, the firm says the new MFPs bring higher-volume features, including their touchscreen interface, to smaller and mid-size workgroups and businesses, with a feature set not previously available in the company’s offerings to small- and mid-size workgroups.
The ECOSYS M2640idw Series, which prints and scans on up to 8.5″ x 14″ media, is available through authorized Kyocera dealers at manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (MSRPs) of $1,567.00 for the ECOSYS M2640idw, $1,371.00 for the ECOSYS M2540dw, $1,181.00 for the ECOSYS M2040dn, and $816.00 for the ECOSYS M2635dw.
KYOCERA rates print speeds at up to 42 ppm, and print resolution is 1,200 dpi. There’s also color scanning, and a dual-scan document feeder, along with KYOCERA’s long-life consumables and “low total cost of ownership” (TCO). For workgroups that require more processing power, there’s an upgradeable memory option.
The 42-ppm ECOSYS M2640idw comes standard with a 4.3″ color touchscreen and is enabled with KYOCERA’s HyPAS platform for running various business applications, including a variety of “connector” apps that allow integration with many popular third-party document management systems (DMS) and content-management systems (CMS). The MFPs are also compatible with Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, and KYOCERA Mobile Print, with standard wireless and WiFi direct connectivity.
Additionally, the MFPs are compatible with KYOCERA Fleet Services (KFS), a cloud-based monitoring service that allows dealers to remotely handle many maintenance tasks for their customers without performing time-consuming on-site visits. With KFS, dealers can anticipate issues and resolve them before they occur, and even update firmware remotely during off-hours, maximizing uptime across the entire fleet.
- December 2016: New High-Volume MFPs from KYOCERA, TASKalfa 8052ci Color Series, TASKalfa 8002i Series
- October 2016: Kyocera’s New A4 Printers and MFPs Feature WiFi Direct, Mobile Printing, Tiered Color Print Billing, More
- October 2016: Square 9 Connector for Enterprise Content Management Now Available for Kyocera HyPAS-enabled Copier/MFPs
- September 2016: New A3 Kyocera TASKalfa 6052ci Series with Tiered Color-Print Pricing, WiFi Direct, NFC, More
- September 2016: Kyocera Partners with DataBank for Providing Business-Processing, Enterprise Content Management Services
- September 2016: New A3 Kyocera TASKalfa MFPs ‘Fully Loaded’ with Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, Re-Usable Toner Containers, More
- September 2016: New A3 Kyocera TASKalfa 3511i, TASKalfa 3011i MFPs Feature Wi-Fi Direct and NFC
- August 2016: Kyocera’s PrivateScan App for Keeping Scanned Docs out of the Wrong Hands is Now Available
- July 2016: New Eco-Friendly Kyocera MFPs Feature ‘Locked’ Toner Cartridges, Dual-Purpose Black Toner Cartridge
- June 2016: New Entry-Level Color MFPs from Kyocera Said to Provide Advanced Feature Set
- May 2016: Kyocera ‘Keeps the Pedal to the Metal,’ Previewing 31 New A3 and A4 MFPs, Six New Business Apps
- March 2016: New Kyocera ECOSYS P7040cdn Desktop Color Printer with AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria Mobile Printing