Two New Desktop Document Scanners from Epson, the WorkForce ES-400, WorkForce ES-500W
Epson America introduced two new home and office desktop document scanners, the WorkForce ES-400 (MSRP $349) and WorkForce ES-500W wireless (MSRP $399). Epson rates the document scanners at up to 35 ppm/70 ipm, and they feature a 50-page automatic document feeder (ADF). Both scanners enable users to scan to online storage accounts, including DropBox, Microsoft SharePoint, Evernote, Google Drive, and other destinations.
The ES-500W also includes wireless connectivity for scanning directly to smartphones, tablets or computers.
The new scanners include TWAIN drivers for integration with “virtually any document-management software.”
The ES-400 and ES-500W feature single-step duplexing technology that scans both sides of virtually any paper, turning paper documents into searchable and editable files with the included OCR software.
For users requiring a versatile solution, both models offer Auto Document Size Detection, which enables scanning of virtually any size documents including business and ID cards, single sheets, receipts, extra-long pages and more. In addition, each scanner is equipped with Dynamic Skew Correction and Double Feed Detection, preventing missing pages and jams for accuracy and reliability.
The ES-400 and ES-500W utilize Epson Image Processing Technology for text and image enhancements such as automatic cropping, and blank page and background removal. Both models are also equipped with a software package that includes Epson Document Capture, ABBYY FineReader, and NewSoft Presto! Bizcard. The ES-400 and ES-500W can be connected to the network with an additional purchase of Epson’s optional Network Interface Unit.
The Epson WorkForce ES-400 and WorkForce ES-500W wireless duplexing document scanners will be available in mid-December through major computer, office and electronic superstores and online at www.epson.com. Both scanners feature a one-year limited warranty, along with optional extended service plan featuring next-business day exchange programs.
- September 2016: Two New Workgroup Document Scanners from Epson Start at $299.99
- March 2015: Epson WorkForce Document Scanners Certified for Use with PSIGEN Software
- March 2015: New Epson Perfection V39 Personal Document Scanner with ArcSoft for Scanning Over-Size Documents
- February 2015: New $69.99 Desktop Document Scanner, Perfection V19, from Epson
- January 2015: Epson Office Scanners Certified for Use with eFileCabinet Document-Management Software
- November 2014: New Mid-Volume Document Scanner from Epson, the WorkForce DS-520, with Scan to Cloud