Copier Careers: Average Compensation for Sales Reps is $116,934
Copier Careers reports that it’s published its 2016 Sales Representative Salary Survey, which reflects the responses of 10,259 copier-channel salespeople across the United States. Copier Careers states that it uses these annual surveys to provide a year-by-year snapshot of how well industry professionals are compensated, how satisfied they are in their careers, and how closely their needs are aligning with the needs of their employers.
Highlights of the survey include:
- Since 2013, average overall compensation for copier-sales reps has increased by less than 0.6 percent, likely due to increased competition from MPS (managed print services)/MNS (managed network services) sales. Despite this competition, incomes “are very healthy and sales reps are generally optimistic about improving their earning potential.”
- Over the past year, average annual base salary for copier sales professionals was $48,892, an increase of only $90 since 2015. Average commissions weighed in at $68,042, a decrease of $25 since the 2015 survey. That brings average total compensation to $116,934, for a year-over-year increase of only 1/20th of a percent. Since 2013, average overall compensation for copier-sales reps has increased by less than 0.6 percent.
- Across individual job titles, compensation has been similarly flat. This year, major account managers reported the highest average income ($131,298), followed by government account managers ($125,976), MPS/Solution sales representatives ($121,852), national account managers ($121,423), senior account executives ($118,370), named account managers ($109,741), and account executives ($89,880).
- According to Copier Careers, MPS and MNS sales are very lucrative, and existing contracts continue to produce income for reps on an ongoing basis. As a result, “successful people are staying with their employers for much longer than they used to.”
- Recruiting experienced solutions-sales people is harder now than ever, making opportunistic hiring practices vital to dealership growth.
- For both sales teams and individual reps, the challenge now “is to stay hungry and continue to push forward into new territories.”
- August 2016:Copier Careers: Average Service/Operation Manager Salary is $84,426
- July 2016: Copier Careers: Average Sales Manager Salary is $152,227, MPS ‘Bringing New Life’ to Industry
- June 2016: Copier Careers: Average Copier Service Tech Salary is $45,121
- December 2015: Copier Careers: Average Copier Sales Rep Annual Comp is $116,000
- August 2015: Copier Careers: Average Copier Service Manager Salary is $84,161
- June 2015: Copier Careers: Average Copier Tech Salary is $43,133