Samsung Printing Solutions – which will be acquired by HP Inc. for $1.05 billion next year – has launched it’s new Smart MultiXpress M5360RX, an A4 black-and-white copier/MFP designed for small and mid-size businesses. The new MFP, which prints and scan on up to 8.5″ x 14″ media, is said to feature customization, professional-quality prints, and cost-efficiency.
Samsung says the Smart MultiXpress M5360RX allows offices to reduce their printing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) with the MFP’s large toner yield and low power consumption. The MFP also incorporates Samsung’s Smart UX Center, a customizable, Android-based interface that features downloadable printing-related apps and widgets that can be tailored to meet an office’s needs visit Samsung here for a complete list of available apps.
The M5360RX’s Smart UX Center tablet-like interface is an interactive, 7″ infrared panel, that Samsung says is more sensitive to touch, and is faster to respond than previous models. Users can activate the interface’s screen not only with their fingers, but also when wearing gloves or using pens.
The M5360RX also features a quad-core 1.5 GHz CPU, and is rated at up 53 ppm printing A4-size print jobs. It features Samsung’s ReCP (Rendering Engine for Clean Pages) technology, which Samsung says improves the readability of printed documents, and resolution is 1,200 x 1,200 dpi.
David S.W. Song, head of Sales and Marketing at Samsung Printing Solutions (now known as S-Printing Solution), stated, “Samsung Electronics will continue to develop the Smart UX Center as part of its efforts to develop an efficient office environment where document management is both easy and comprehensive.”
Smart MultiXpress M5360RX models will initially be available in Europe, as well as in Central and South America. Release dates are subject to regional variation.
- Samsung Press Release: Why Having an Android-Powered Printer if Important for your Business
- November 2016: New Samsung Update Enables Samsung Galaxy Users to Print to Millions of Printers
- September 2016: Samsung Blog: Wireless Mobile Printing Spurring Growth of Printer-Parts Market
- August 2016: Samsung Bringing ‘Dash’ Automatic Printer-Toner Replacement to U.K. and Germany
- August 2016: Samsung’s ‘Eureka! Beyond Printer’ to Mark Unveiling of Latest Smart UX Center Web Site
- July 2016: Samsung Adds New A4 Color Desktop All-in-One, Printer, with Dual 800 and 400 MHz CPUs
- June 2016: New Samsung Remote Fax Enables Users to Send Faxes without Optional Fax Kit Installed
- May 2016: New Samsung Server-Less Business Core 2.0 Apps for Document Workflows, Print Tracking and Security
- May 2016: Samsung Adds Ubiquitech Print-Management for Secure Printing with Samsung MFPs
- May 2016: New Samsung SOHO Desktop Laser Printer, All-in-One with Wireless, NFC Tap-to-Print, Mobile Print App
- April 2016: Hancom Office App Lets Samsung MFP Users Edit Docs on Touch Screen
- March 2016: Nuance’s Equitrac, AutoStore, SafeCom Now Available for Samsung MFPs
- March 2016: New Samsung ProXpress C30 Color MFPs: Built ‘Better and Faster’ and with Higher Toner Yield
- February 2016: Samsung Taps NCR to Provide Managed Print Services
- December 2015: New Samsung Desktop Color Printer and Copier/MFP with NFC, Cloud Printing, Scan-to-eMail